General

Mon May 11, 2009 2:27 pm

Hi,

It seems that Hok is a bad boy and never post screens or goodies ... :blink:

I propose you a small game :

Who will be able to find the name of theses leaders ??? :bonk:

Sol Invictus

Mon May 11, 2009 2:32 pm

Yikes! :eek: I can only pick out two and one of them is the "Great one" himself.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

Nikel

Mon May 11, 2009 3:17 pm

All seems to be prussian commanders

First

von Braunschweig (young)
de la Motte-Fouqué
von Lehwaldt
von Loen
Keith

Middle

von Finck
August Wilhelm von Preußen
von Chasot
von Seydlitz-Kurzbach

Last

Frederick (young)
Zieten
Prinz Heinrichs von Preußen
von Prittwitz und Gaffron
von Belling

So there are different portraits for 1740?

Edit: OK, no more. In fact who is interested

Generalisimo

Mon May 11, 2009 3:24 pm

Nikel wrote:
But can we see the portraits in-game?

More please :thumbsup:

pffff... you always want more... :non:

:D
"History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon."
Napoleon Bonaparte

BOA-AAR: ¡Abajo el imperialismo Británico! (en español)

AGEOD Facebook Fanpage - news & screenshots about the upcoming games!

Florent

Mon May 11, 2009 5:22 pm

First try.
Richelieu but younger ?/Fouquet/ Ferdinand/Schwerin?/Cumberland or Clermont
Finck/Daun/?/Seydlitz
Fred but in 1740-1745/Ziethen young/Bevern/?/?

Hohenlohe

Mon May 11, 2009 6:14 pm

Syt wrote:Not unusual, I think. During my military service (1995/6) one of my platoon leaders was a certain Kesselring while the division commander was a certain Falkenhayn.

Thats living tradition which exists even in Great Britain as I think or in some other european nations like France.

greetings

Hohenlohe
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

arsan

Mon May 11, 2009 6:31 pm

Thanks for the pic Hok! :thumbsup:
Mmmm... i see some interesting hairdos :blink: :D
And they look very practical for the battlefield. Surely some of that wigs could protect against a saber cut... or even small caliber cannon ball :wacko:

Carnium

Mon May 11, 2009 7:42 pm

I am terrible sorry to say that, but these portraits seems a lot worse than your previous ones (AACW - logical as they were based on photos,BOA and NPC). Have you changed your artist as I have also noticed that new WiA portraits were kinda .. different to say the least :(

arsan

Mon May 11, 2009 8:46 pm

Each game has a different portrait style.
NCP use a most different/realistic style that the rest. An probably is the best looking of all for leaders IMHO :coeurs:
This ones look pretty similar to the BoA/WIA and AACW style to me. More "cartoony". But i like them too :coeurs:
Think that on the image Hok has posted you are seeing them maybe 2x or 3x the size you usually seen them on game, which is for what they are designed for. :)

Rooster
Corporal

Tue May 12, 2009 2:42 am

Florent wrote:First try.
Richelieu but younger ?/Fouquet/ Ferdinand/Schwerin?/Cumberland or Clermont
Finck/Daun/?/Seydlitz
Fred but in 1740-1745/Ziethen young/Bevern/?/?

Nice shootin, Clem!

I think that last gent on the right end of the bottom row must be Keith.

I like these portraits! They remind me of BoA... which augers well for this title, IMHO.

Florent

Tue May 12, 2009 6:37 am

No on the right end with hussars is certainly Wilhelm Sebastian von Belling.
Found him 2 times since yesterday.
I wrote "Schwerin?" first rank 4th but is likely Prince Moritz(Maurice) von Anhalt-Dessau.

Nikel

Tue May 12, 2009 9:31 am

Generalisimo wrote:pffff... you always want more... :non:

:D

I suggest that you add me to your ignore list. Unfortunately I cannot do it because you are a moderator in AGEod forum :confused:

So I promise not to do a single post in the VGN subforum (where I suppose you are a moderator) if you add me to your ignore list. Do you agree?

Rafiki, anyway can you do it please? There are many moderators here, so should be no problem that one of them ignore my inappropriate posts?

Thanks in advance

gpepper

Tue May 12, 2009 9:34 am

Carnium wrote:I am terrible sorry to say that, but these portraits seems a lot worse than your previous ones (AACW - logical as they were based on photos,BOA and NPC). Have you changed your artist as I have also noticed that new WiA portraits were kinda .. different to say the least :(

Don't feel sorry, it is not so important. I think you find them too simple because they are bigger than they are supposed to be in the game. But trust me they were made with the same process and with the exact number of color than the BOA ones...

you can compare here:

ROP in the upper part
BOA-WIA lower part

Do you really see a big difference ?
[CENTER]. : G P E P P E R : .
[url]http://www.gillespfeiffer.com[/URL]
[url]http://www.frenchschoolofcg.com[/URL][/align]

Carnium

Tue May 12, 2009 11:23 am

gpepper wrote:Don't feel sorry, it is not so important. I think you find them too simple because they are bigger than they are supposed to be in the game. But trust me they were made with the same process and with the exact number of color than the BOA ones...

Hello and sorry if I have upset you, but I am no big fan of the "cartoonish" like portraits. But that is just me and you can be sure that I will always try to support AGEOD by buying the new game(s) :coeurs:
Keep on the good work and try to ignore my comments ;)

dooya

Tue May 12, 2009 11:31 am

Nikel wrote:I suggest that you add me to your ignore list. Unfortunately I cannot do it because you are a moderator in AGEod forum :confused:

So I promise not to do a single post in the VGN subforum (where I suppose you are a moderator) if you add me to your ignore list. Do you agree?

Rafiki, anyway can you do it please? There are many moderators here, so should be no problem that one of them ignore my inappropriate posts?

Thanks in advance
I think that Generalissimo was just joking. :)
No quote - No bullshit!

gpepper

Tue May 12, 2009 11:44 am

Carnium wrote:Hello and sorry if I have upset you, but I am no big fan of the "cartoonish" like portraits. But that is just me and you can be sure that I will always try to support AGEOD by buying the new game(s) :coeurs:
Keep on the good work and try to ignore my comments ;)

No problem ! ;)
[CENTER]. : G P E P P E R : .

[url]http://www.gillespfeiffer.com[/URL]

[url]http://www.frenchschoolofcg.com[/URL][/align]

arsan

Tue May 12, 2009 12:02 pm

Gpepper,
They look great! :coeurs: :coeurs:
On the bigger format the can look somewhat strange but on game size they are perfect! :thumbsup:

Nikel,
Come on! no need of "ignore lists" or anything :( (i didn't knew that existed on these forums :bonk :)
Let's all be friends! :love:

Florent

Tue May 12, 2009 12:09 pm

Yes the portraits are nice, i have perhaps some problem because some of them seem younger like Fred but since The Austrian Succession will be made in a module later, it makes sense. :thumbsup:
Any uniforms soon (i mean figurine) ? :D

Nikel

Tue May 12, 2009 1:26 pm

dooya, arsan :)

Unfortunately and like in real life, you cannot be friend of everybody.

The ignore list is a existing forum feature, and it is quite common in other fora, so no reason to not to use it.

If you do not like or just are not interested in the post of other person no need to lose time reading his posts, that is the point of the ignore list. Certainly this is a way of avoiding problems, there is no other good alternative.

Quite logical that AGEod members cannot ignored, but why cannot be ignored other forum members? There are moderators here that are not members of AGEod (proper I mean), and IMHO should be possible to ignore them at least outside of where they are moderators? Well, just my request to Rafiki. Hope this can be done.

Anyway offtopic perhaps this can be moved as a forum request, let's go back to the generals :)

PhilThib

Tue May 12, 2009 1:59 pm

Nikel, no problem, I believe the request is legitimate and should be assessed. Please allow a few days to Rafiki to check this, as he is currently on vacation abroad :cool: :coeurs:

Generalisimo

Tue May 12, 2009 2:13 pm

Nikel wrote:I suggest that you add me to your ignore list. Unfortunately I cannot do it because you are a moderator in AGEod forum :confused:

Thanks in advance

You are free to not read my posts if you do not like them. I will surelly not want to waste your precious time anymore.
Anyway, you got a PM from me if you are interested in discussing. :)
"History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon."
Napoleon Bonaparte

BOA-AAR: ¡Abajo el imperialismo Británico! (en español)

AGEOD Facebook Fanpage - news & screenshots about the upcoming games!

Sol Invictus

Tue May 12, 2009 2:35 pm

I agree that when the portraits are enlarged they look somewhat crude but at the normal size they look fine. I also prefer the less cartoony look that NC used but it is a minor point to me. The one map screenshot that we have seen looks great and that is the main thing for me. If we could only be allowed to see some more screenshots of the map and some units. Hok? :siffle:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

Nikel

Tue May 12, 2009 2:38 pm

Hok wrote:Hi,

It seems that Hok is a bad boy and never post screens or goodies ... :blink:

I propose you a small game :

Who will be able to find the name of theses leaders ??? :bonk:

OK, here is a list, all seems to be prussian commanders

First

von Braunschweig (young)
de la Motte-Fouqué
von Lehwaldt
von Loen
Keith

Middle

von Finck
August Wilhelm von Preußen
von Chasot
von Seydlitz-Kurzbach?

Last

Frederick (young)
Zieten
Prinz Heinrichs von Preußen
von Prittwitz und Gaffron
von Belling

So there are different portraits for 1740? :)

TiFlo
Captain

Tue May 12, 2009 5:06 pm

Actually, I far more prefer those 'cartoony' graphics to those of NCP, which were and still are the reason I have not bought it. To me they look more flavoury, and while I agree that photorealistic graphics are great (the ones added to AACW after release come to mind), if pushed too far the concept turns the graphics into bland, cold, and unsavoury visuals.

So a big fat :thumbsup: from me to whoever made those RoP portraits !

:coeurs:
[CENTER]« Quel pays ! Quels hommes ! Quelle guerre ! Non, ma chère maman, votre enfant n'est pas fait pour habiter cette contrée barbare. »
[/CENTER]
[CENTER] Louis-Antoine de Bougainville, 1758
[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image
[/CENTER]

[CENTER][color=DarkGreen]WIA 1.05 Patch[/color]
[/CENTER]

Nikel

Tue May 12, 2009 6:07 pm

TiFlo wrote:Actually, I far more prefer those 'cartoony' graphics to those of NCP, which were and still are the reason I have not bought it. To me they look more flavoury, and while I agree that photorealistic graphics are great (the ones added to AACW after release come to mind), if pushed too far the concept turns the graphics into bland, cold, and unsavoury visuals.

So a big fat :thumbsup: from me to whoever made those RoP portraits !

:coeurs:

The ones added by Jabber and the rest are not bland, cold, or unsavoury, but mines :bonk:

The problem is that I cannot draw them, just add the color to the photograph, so indeed they are photorealistic,... not 'cartoony'

The most clear example is Sherman

[ATTACH]7743[/ATTACH]

gpepper, how do you draw them? :)
Attachments
Unit_USA_WTSherman.png
Unit_USA_WTSherman.png (10.28 KiB) Viewed 7039 times

Adlertag

Tue May 12, 2009 6:22 pm

dooya wrote:I think that Generalissimo was just joking. :)

Exactly as you often likes to make it. ;) :hat:
La mort est un mur, mourir est une brèche.

TiFlo
Captain

Tue May 12, 2009 6:23 pm

Nikel, I was not trying to imply yours or anyone elses for that matter are better or worse. And in now way was I either criticizing your skills. I hope there is no misunderstanding here :)

What I said is I like Jabbers' and the likes, while I like less those made for NCP. Honestly, NCP graphics have a sort of painting look that is very slick and pleasing. I'm just not into it... Tastes and colours! ;)

And I take it that gpepper is the artist for RoP, right? If so, très beau travail ! :thumbsup:
[CENTER]« Quel pays ! Quels hommes ! Quelle guerre ! Non, ma chère maman, votre enfant n'est pas fait pour habiter cette contrée barbare. »
[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image
[/CENTER]

[/CENTER]

Nikel

Tue May 12, 2009 6:29 pm

TiFlo wrote:Nikel, I was not trying to imply yours or anyone elses for that matter are better or worse. And in now way was I either criticizing your skills. I hope there is no misunderstanding here :)

What I said is I like Jabbers' and the likes, while I like less those made for NCP. Honestly, NCP graphics have a sort of painting look that is very slick and pleasing. I'm just not into it... Tastes and colours! ;)

And I take it that gpepper is the artist for RoP, right? If so, très beau travail ! :thumbsup:

No misunderstanding, everything is very clear :D

Anyway AFAIK, was not gpepper himself the artist who too created NCP graphics? ;)

TiFlo
Captain

Tue May 12, 2009 6:35 pm

Nikel wrote:No misunderstanding, everything is very clear.

Uuh... Ok. Seriously, I'm sorry if I offended you :(

Anyway AFAIK, was not gpepper himself the artist who too created NCP graphics?
"Ooooh! Burn! That's a burn about a burn! That's a 2nd degree burn!" :D

Edit: I didn't see that smiley before answering. I guess all is well then :thumbsup:
[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image
[/CENTER]

[/CENTER]

Nikel

Tue May 12, 2009 6:44 pm

TiFlo wrote:Uuh... Ok. Seriously, I'm sorry if I offended you :(

"Ooooh! Burn! That's a burn about a burn! That's a 2nd degree burn!" :D

Edit: I didn't see that smiley before answering. I guess all is well then :thumbsup:

No at all Tiflo, do not worry :) I understand what you say and fully agree with you.

Just wanted to say that the portraits by Jabber and the rest are very similar to the ones that came with the game. For example the few done by Pangi are indeed identical I should say :thumbsup:

Regarding NCP I have the idea that they were made by gpepper, but I am not sure. Perhaps there were more people involved because there seems to be different styles in the portraits?

Return to “Rise of Prussia”