So after many years of watching me play these beautiful games, my father asked if we can play together. He lives in FL and I live in NY, so when I told him about PBEM, his eyes lit up. Unfortunately, we are having a heck of a time getting it to work. I've never played by email before, so I looked up what files we're supposed to exchange, and all of that. But when he gets the second .HST file from me, he's unable to move any of his forces. Here's what we've been doing. Please let me know where we've gone wrong here. Thanks!
1) I, the host, start a new game, naming it Maria-Theresa. He does the same on his end.
2) I save the game and send him the .HST file.
3) He copies that into his Maria-Theresa save folder and moves his stacks. He saves but does not run his turn.
4) He sends me his .ORD file. I move it to my Maria-Theresa save folder
5) I load the game, move my own forces, and run the turn.
6) I send him the new .HST file from turn 2.
Rinse and repeat (...) right?
I know this is one of the older titles. Do we also need to be exchanging .TRN files?
Thanks in advance for any help.