Jagger2013
General of the Army

Siege questions

Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:02 am

In terms of siege effectiveness, is a single regular field artillery battery plus a sapper equivalent to a single siege artillery unit? As far as I can tell they appear equivalent.

Is the siege bonus of sappers cumulative during sieges? Will 2 sapper units produce a +2 siege bonus?

Jagger2013
General of the Army

Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:38 pm

Quick bump and another question.

I am wondering if promotions are working in the manner intended. It appears that an elgible leader can only be promoted if he is active. And it appears an elgible leader can be promoted only on the one turn when he becomes elgible for promotion. Is this the way the promotion system is suppose to work or a bug?

Several times now, I have wanted to promote leaders but failed because he was inactive on the one turn he was elgible for promotion.

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:34 pm

My belief is you get +1 on the siege roll once you have a siege gun (those with the symbol so it includes Russian howitzers) and a sapper. its one reason why you can build a very dangerous siege orientated formation with the Russians as you can get +3 - siege, howitzer and sapper.

Its certainly the case in other AGE games that if you don't take the chance to promote it seems to disappear. I've never noticed the correlation to acive/inactive. So if its a bug or WAD, it is common across the engine. From observation in PoN the chance comes back quite quickly, if that commander wins another battle then they again meet the criteria (I guess this is the case in RoP).
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

Jim-NC

Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:29 pm

Promotion is generally a limited time option. For example, if you gain 4 seniority in a battle, and went from 24 to 20, your man may not be the most senior person around. However, he did so good, that you have a limited time to "battlefield" promote the general in question. If you don't do it, then he is not as famous, and thus is not promotable.

I hope that comes out clearly to the rest of you, as it is clear as mud in my mind.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Rise of Prussia”