HHFD50
Captain

Couple of questions and my opinions

Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:36 pm

Ok two things. First, when you choose to influence Danzig as the Austrian-allies to use for supplies, how or when do you know they have accepted or not? Chose to support Prussia or remain neutral? Next, are there any plans in the works about an expansion? The War of the Austrian and Polish Successions were directly mentioned as possible candidates in Phillipe's interview I watched on You Tube. Just curious. To me this is by far the best of the AEGOD games (blows WIA, Revolution and PON away), but it does not seem to receive the attention it rightfully deserves from the developers. I see that Lodilefty does an incredible amount of work on the game (and Thank God for it!), and the community of players always pitch in when they can-however I would like to see more effort from all the developers. The other jewel in the AEGOD franchise that I think has gotten the short end of work is Napoleon's Campaigns. Just my friendly observations and opinion. Honestly, if you combine the graphics and unit models of NC to the gameplay and incredible detail of ROP what a super game that would be! :thumbsup:

HHFD50
Captain

Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:44 pm

Anyone care to weigh in? :confused: Thanks!

cwegsche
Lieutenant

Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:09 am

Hi HHFD50!

From my point of view as long as Prussia chooses to influence Danzig, there is no possibility that Danzig gives supplies to the Russians. Btw I have never seen the Prussians (as AI) not influence Danzig to be neutral ...
So I think there is not much you can do about it me thinks ...

Greets

squarian
Brigadier General

Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:49 pm

HHFD50 wrote:Next, are there any plans in the works about an expansion? The War of the Austrian and Polish Successions were directly mentioned as possible candidates in Phillipe's interview I watched on You Tube. Just curious.

Candidly, I think such an expansion is much more likely to come from a modder than the AGEOD team. The economics of this narrow end of the PC game industry spectrum aren't going to change - a game around the theme of gangsters stealing cars and shooting each other will be more likely from AGEOD than a game on the Polish Succession. Unless you know a Renaissance prince who will maintain the design team and their families while they work on it?

To me this is by far the best of the AEGOD games (blows WIA, Revolution and PON away), but it does not seem to receive the attention it rightfully deserves from the developers.

I was very excited when the project was first announced. I think that by and large the game is excellent, and while there is still work to be done, some fine tuning and a few fundamental adjustments required, Lodilefty has done stalwart yeoman service in the last few patches. It'd be wonderful if Philippe and Pocus devoted every waking hour for the next year to improving it. But again, unless a modern-day Lorenzo di Medici comes along, it's only realistic to expect that major additions or improvements will be our work, not theirs.

PhilThib

Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:21 pm

squarian wrote:Unless you know a Renaissance prince who will maintain the design team and their families while they work on it?

...But again, unless a modern-day Lorenzo di Medici comes along, it's only realistic to expect that major additions or improvements will be our work, not theirs.

I'd love to see one too... :D

Now, we do rely on players and team-building work to release new stuff. For the Austrian Succession War for instance, we have a modder that has done a lot of good work on it...but unfortunately he is stuck on lack-of-time to complete his undertaking, and so are we....so patience is needed there...or an able volunteer capable of taking over in fair and open agreement with the original modder(s) :cool:

Florent

Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:30 pm

I will send to philippe some files to Philthib soon, set-up small improvements, Historical background etc...
It will be about the 3 scenarios of the Austrian war of succession already described elsewhere and i will start the set-up soon for a 4th scenario from sept41 to jan 1743 about the Bohemaian Campaign.

About the War of Polish Succession a Set-up for 1733 is mostly done but there is still much work to do. Actually Northern Italy and even Mantoue should be added to have the Italian Campaign and some boxes to have Sicilia, Naples.

Perhaps an add-on adding also Flanders and Austrian Netherlands for the 1744-1748 campaigns could be done adding a few areas.

Stay tuned.

ribaluigi
Sergeant

Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:33 pm

Florent wrote:I will send to philippe some files to Philthib soon, set-up small improvements, Historical background etc...
It will be about the 3 scenarios of the Austrian war of succession already described elsewhere and i will start the set-up soon for a 4th scenario from sept41 to jan 1743 about the Bohemaian Campaign.

About the War of Polish Succession a Set-up for 1733 is mostly done but there is still much work to do. Actually Northern Italy and even Mantoue should be added to have the Italian Campaign and some boxes to have Sicilia, Naples.

Perhaps an add-on adding also Flanders and Austrian Netherlands for the 1744-1748 campaigns could be done adding a few areas.

Stay tuned.

Fantastic news! :thumbsup:

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:53 am

Florent wrote:I will send to philippe some files to Philthib soon, set-up small improvements, Historical background etc...

Stay tuned.

Pretty much awesome, sir. Thank you for your dedication!

Leinsdorf
Conscript

Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:29 pm

Stay tuned.

Thanks a lot! I think these adds-on are long coveted by many players and ROP fans. We hope also to have soon some scenarios more manageable than the long campaigns of the ROP original set.

JacquesDeLalaing
Colonel

Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:46 pm

Yes, I'm still lurking and longing for a more manageable scenario-size too. :evilgrin:

ashandresash
Captain

Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:56 pm

Stay tuned.

That's something I have no idea at all... and I love it!

Wonderful surprise :love:

Return to “Rise of Prussia”