HHFD50
Captain

Expansions and Konigsburg

Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:30 pm

Are there still any plans to create and release the proposed Austrian/ Polish Succession expansions? In additon, has anyone given serious thought to working on developing a Spanish Succession War mod? I know that it would more than likely encompass a huge amount of work, including map expansion, new graphics, orders of battle, etc. etc. but its definitely worth it. I am not a programmer but have worked on mods with Europa Universalis (one on the War of Spanish Succession in EUII) and thus understand some of the technicalities involved with such projects- I would like to help if we can put a team together.

Also, a little off subject...Konigsburg...has anyone had a difficult time capturing the city playing as the Russians (allied coalition)? I am playing with 1.03 candidate 4, optimal settings and in three separate games I have no success against it. I find it odd that an army of 100,000+ Russians cannot take a city defended by less than 30,000 Prussians surrounded on all sides in the midst of a remote wilderness. :blink: ...Also, the snow everywhere but in the mountains is getting a little annoying. lol Are there any plans to please correct this? Thank you!

Leinsdorf
Conscript

Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:14 pm

HHFD50 wrote:Are there still any plans to create and release the proposed Austrian/ Polish Succession expansions? In additon, has anyone given serious thought to working on developing a Spanish Succession War mod? I know that it would more than likely encompass a huge amount of work, including map expansion, new graphics, orders of battle, etc. etc. but its definitely worth it. I am not a programmer but have worked on mods with Europa Universalis (one on the War of Spanish Succession in EUII) and thus understand some of the technicalities involved with such projects- I would like to help if we can put a team together.

I agree completely with this proposal (that I myself advanced some posts ago) and I'm grateful to anyone who would help in this project. I think that relevant order of battles and other useful data may be easily collected, also from published boardgames. I think that a group of players devoted to the period ("Age of Reason campaigns") would also be ready to support the project, if necessary also buying, at a resonable price, the separate mod.

HHFD50
Captain

Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:37 pm

Great! I agree that the information will not be difficult to find either, at least it was not in 2002 when we worked on the mod for EUII so it should be much easier and more readily available now. I would love to help and play a role in its development. I worked primarily on the leader files for the EUII mod, so I may still have that data saved in excel somewhere as it could prove useful. Unfortunately, I no longer have the vast amount of material I used to create a Blenheim scenario for the old C-64 game version of "Battles of Napoleon" by SSI circa 1990. I literally had everything down to the finest details within game limits. Where can I contact the Age of Reasons group? Or, if anyone else is interested here, we can undertake a least a portion of it on our own. Perhaps start with a single, small scenario such as Blenheim or Oudenaarde (maybe even Narva representing the Great Northern War?) and then work from there? :thumbsup:

Leinsdorf
Conscript

Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:22 pm

HHFD50 wrote:Great! I agree that the information will not be difficult to find either, at least it was not in 2002 when we worked on the mod for EUII so it should be much easier and more readily available now. I would love to help and play a role in its development. I worked primarily on the leader files for the EUII mod, so I may still have that data saved in excel somewhere as it could prove useful. Unfortunately, I no longer have the vast amount of material I used to create a Blenheim scenario for the old C-64 game version of "Battles of Napoleon" by SSI circa 1990. I literally had everything down to the finest details within game limits. Where can I contact the Age of Reasons group? Or, if anyone else is interested here, we can undertake a least a portion of it on our own. Perhaps start with a single, small scenario such as Blenheim or Oudenaarde (maybe even Narva representing the Great Northern War?) and then work from there? :thumbsup:

I didn't mean that I myself have the skills required to contribute technically to the project, only that I'm greatly interested in the period (on the same scale of ROP, namely at the strategic not tactical level) and in the kind of warfare (since the time when I played Frederick the Great boardgames published by SPI and AH), as well as glad to provide any historical information which could help. I hope that you can collect other people equally well trained in the field of computer programming and that an "Age of Reason warfare project" can be actually be built up, possibly with the support of AGEOD's staff.

Return to “Rise of Prussia”