hainessi
Civilian

Colonial Limits & How to Change them

Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:39 am

Hello All,

I've played about a little with some minor modifications and have unlocked the colonial options for all playable factions - added them for Austria, Prussia and Sardinia-Piedmont.

Can anyone advise how to increase the number of times the various options can be used?

There seems to be a limit so I keep knocking things down to colonize more - but now I can't add any protectorates or colonies.

Help Please!

Thanks.

Durk

Re: Colonial Limits & How to Change them

Wed May 18, 2022 10:02 pm

Yours is a complicated question and there is no simple answer. I had hoped someone better at modding would reply, but colonial development is tied in part to historical colonization. There are other embedded feature which are faction specific, so your project will take some exploration.
Which you have likely done by now.

Durk

Yours is a complicated question and there is no simple answer. I had hoped someone better at modding would reply, but colonial development is tied in part to historical colonization. There are other embedded feature which are faction specific, so your project will take some exploration.

Durk

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:45 pm

The options for Prussia radically expand about 1881 (if you have formed Germany) to something close to the norm for a European colonial power. Italy is limited, but you can use the decisions to slowly build an impressive colonial empire, I think Austria is very limited.

As above, this reflects the underlying attitudes or capacity of each power.

There is a good Austria mod knocking around for if it wins the struggle for power in Germany and I think that assumes it becomes a limited colonial power.

if you want to sidestep these limits, what I'd suggest is look at the German event (its for 1881 or 1882) and amend it to apply to Italy or Austria. But its actually quite fun trying to build up colonial rule without the full set of options available.

Return to “Pride of Nations”