NeutralHavoc
Civilian

Replacing lost regiments in a division?

Thu May 27, 2021 1:32 am

I'm playing as the Russian Empire in the Grand Campaign. I'm currently fighting the Alliance in the Crimean War and I've come across a question I couldn't find any answer to in this forum/online.

Eventually in a battle one of my divisions will lose a regiment (i.e. a Horse Artillery Regiment in a Cossack division), or a single ship from a squadron, and I want to replace them to make the division whole again. I can't find any option to have them replaced, or to even build individual regiments to merge with the divisions.

How would I go about replacing lost regiments in divisions/lost divisions in a corps/sunk ships in a squadron?

Pocus

Re: Replacing lost regiments in a division?

Thu May 27, 2021 2:39 pm

Formations follow a template, if you have lost sub-units within a unit, and if you have the proper replacements, then it will come back eventually in the formation, provided the unit is in supply.

NeutralHavoc
Civilian

Thu May 27, 2021 3:25 pm

Pocus wrote:Formations follow a template, if you have lost sub-units within a unit, and if you have the proper replacements, then it will come back eventually in the formation, provided the unit is in supply.

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah I've been trying to maintain some replacements in the War Ministry according to the "number of hits" each regiment type has taken. Eventually I'll get a message in the logs saying that they got used as reinforcements but since it doesn't specify in what army/unit this happened then I wasn't sure if anything was happening.

Though, from what I've noticed naval losses haven't been replaced yet. I'll give it some more time, I'd assume that they take longer.

Another thing that sprung to my mind, I've paid for a transport squadron in a Siberian port in the pacific. At the moment I didn't realize, but it seems that the exact province I chose doesn't actually have a port, but a coaling station. I'm not sure but I suspect this is the reason why there hasn't been any progress whatsoever in building the fleet (it's been over a year at this point), and I'm not even sure why it would let me build a squadron in a province with only a coaling station. I can't build a harbor in the province either since apparently it's mutually exclusive with the coaling station building. I've considered demolishing the coaling station but since the fleet is in such bad shape it can't get out of the province, I'm afraid that the fleet will be destroyed if I do. What can I do to get the fleet built?

NeutralHavoc
Civilian

Sat May 29, 2021 3:04 am

Actually, I found the answers to those questions in the manual (who would have thought reading the manual may be useful :bonk:).

The navy group needs to be in passive mode and docked in (at least) a level 3 dockyard to get the replacement ships.

And the coaling station upgrades into a harbor, in which the transport fleet I bought was able to finish being built after a few turns.

Pocus

Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:18 am

Good! PON is too old now for me and I don't remember everything done in the game :siffle: :bonk:

Return to “Pride of Nations”