hoffmadsp
Civilian

Losing despite winning

Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:30 am

I recently got back into PON after a long absence, and started a GC as Spain, which I understand I had to do a slight bit of modding to do. All was going well, I was developing my economy and had acquired Morocco as a colony within a few years. Then, the USA decided to declare war on me in order to take my Caribbean possessions, despite having apparently prepared no forces to assault them.

I responded by moving ships and troops to the area and eventually by sending an expeditionary force to Florida. I occupied northeastern Florida and then taken Savannah, Georgia, built supply depots, and crushed American ground forces in a number of battles, while holding my own at sea and blockading the ports of the US southeast. Despite this, the warscore always ticks one point towards -10 every turn. The United States is becoming increasingly divided and unstable as the Civil War approaches, and in my latest victory, I absolutely crushed an American army of 95,000, inflicting 75% casualties, including the mass surrender of enemy troops.

I understand that this game is fairly deterministic in its outcomes, but they attacked me well before the historic war occurred and I have absolutely ravaged their forces. At this point, I'm entirely open to save game editing or whatever it takes to create a realistic outcome to this situation. Every turn they have either done nothing or been beaten like a rented mule. Any advice or help in rectifying this situation would be welcome.

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Re: Losing despite winning

Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:55 pm

I'd step in and create an event.

You could take Florida say as a return of lands they took some time back.

I don't think you can play a GC with a relatively minor power and not intervene to some extent

my unoffiical test is 'would this upset the collective view of the major (European) powers'?

Return to “Pride of Nations”