jccoluz
Private

Peace deal : Problem with ownership of province !!

Sun May 10, 2020 4:33 pm

Hi,

After a short war in the Pacific and West Africa ( March/August 1885) Japan obtained Guam, Puerto Rico and the Marianas islands from Spain in a peace deal. However, Spain was also at war with the USA (my allies) during the same period and, at the time the peace treaty took effect, Puerto Rico was under American control : After the Peace was resolved Puerto Rico is now considered as a Japanese colony but the region, the city and the Farms are still under US ownership !!!

Will the situation revert to normal after a peace is settled between USA and Spain or should I script an event to get back the ownership of Puerto Rico from my US allies ? ( I could really use the sugar !).

Thanks for your help.

JC

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Re: Peace deal : Problem with ownership of province !!

Thu May 14, 2020 9:04 am

At least the city will stay under US custody. So, script it is.

jccoluz
Private

Fri May 15, 2020 10:19 am

Thank you for your answer !

Yes, I soon discovered that the only way to get back Puerto Rico was to script an exchange of territory.

I have another question about this peace deal : After seizing the Phillipines, the spanish Pacific Islands and all their African colonies my warscore was a paltry 32 ! Puerto Rico alone had a cost of 178 WS and for a while the spanish refused all my peace proposals although I was only asking for the Marianas ( cost of 24). And then, suddenly they offered me that peace deal : Puerto Rico, Guam and the Marianas :blink: !!!

The funny thing is that Guam didn't even appear in the list of claimable provinces !! And after I accepted the deal my relation with spain shot from -100 to positive !!

Is this normal AI behaviour, a bug or just luck ?

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed May 27, 2020 9:21 am

fairly normal, if you wait the AI will offer a good deal and be very glad you accepted it.

the cost is having to stick in a war longer than you might want, fine if all you have is unrest/revolts to worry about, harder if a major European power decides now is the time to attack you

Return to “Pride of Nations”