sirhiggins
Sergeant

Britain 1880 Campaign -help

Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:24 pm

Hello there,

Just rediscovered this game (almost forgot how i'd liked it).
In the past played mostly as Italy, France.
Now thinking about playing the 1880 GB campaign.

It looks quite complicated for the fist see, any ideas, hints how, where to start?

cheers:

andrzej
Major

Re: Britain 1880 Campaign -help

Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:33 pm

Do you play PON solo?
In my opinion this is extremely boring.
Here are the links to the ongoing MP campaigns :

viewtopic.php?f=88&t=53435

https://thewargamingclub.com/pon-game-2 ... -t308.html

sirhiggins
Sergeant

Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:43 pm

I'm really crap with economics, so MP would be lil bit of a pro for me :)
But any advise related the topic would be appreciated.
thx

andrzej
Major

Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:06 pm

What is this stupid opinion that only some world champions on the game PON participate in multiplayer campaigns :bonk:
We have 14 people playing and some (including me) are playing PON for the FIRST TIME. And I have to rule the global British Empire!
Of course it would be nice to have at least experience playing other AGEOD games,without it, mastering PON will be much harder.

Durk

Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:30 am

I concur with Andrzej. My first PON was also as Britain. I quickly dropped from the top in national rankings and barely manage to become a grand colonial power, a hard way to learn; but it is really good to play multiplayer for a lot of reasons:
Fun
You learn so much more quickly
Other players are very often willing to tell you what they have learned or why something is just not working for you.

I too am really bad at economics in any game, that has not stopped me from plunging ahead. The links Andrzey gave you are good. The Wargaming Club in particular has several games going. An option to begin multiplayer play is to pick up a nation from a player who due to RL needs to drop. I have an opening in a game I host, by the way, if you would like to explore a real alt history variant.

When I was very new to PON I simply played all eight nations in a single game against myself. If you are devoted to solo play, this is a very enjoyable way to experience PON and learn something about all major factions. The drawback, everyone learns more when they play others.

Return to “Pride of Nations”