MickM2
Conscript

Italy

Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:23 am

Just started an 1880 start multiplayer as Italy. First thing I noticed is Italy has no coal resource in any of its home regions. An essential commodity in this game. Appreciate I can trade for it but would have preferred to own a supply. However I noted I still have a coal mine in the north of Italy producing 15 coal a turn. This region has no coal icon within it so just wondered how this production is possible? I don't think I can just build a coal mine anywhere and expect 15 coal extra per turn.

Strategy wise I should be able to sell excess silk and use the private sector money to purchase coal from nations that I will set up commercial treaties with and then build relations with these countries to increase the chances of Italy being able to buy this essential material.

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Re: Italy

Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:43 am

There should be coal in the Toscana, iirc.

But essentially commerce is a crucial part of the game. The F4, F11 screens are often no big help in assessing incomes correctly. Often it is cheapest to buy, as opposed to produce yourself. The tricky part is to secure a steady flow of supply and in return a reliable income by selling your own goods. Spoiler alert! Building commerce ships can never be a wrong decision.

Should be no problem with silk, though.

Return to “Pride of Nations”