mjv96
Civilian

National mission status?

Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:47 am

How do I go about finding out how I'm doing on a national mission, in the case of largest cotton producer or 2nd largest military fleet or trading fleet? I don't see where I can find this information.

Don Powell
Sergeant

Re: National mission status?

Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:27 pm

Or being the Cereal King for 10+ years for that matter ? :king:

Pocus

Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:31 pm

That's sadly something the engine could not do easily at the time we added these missions. It could have been done (and still can be done) by events though, if someone is motivated enough :gardavou:

Don Powell
Sergeant

Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:35 am

Hmmm .... any way to get it from console commands or any logs?

mjv96
Civilian

Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:08 pm

Ya, seriously, I'm not any kind of modder or programmer. This is kinda frustrating as I haven't a clue where I stand with regards to these missions.

Don Powell
Sergeant

Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:25 pm

Right - Either am I.

I'm guessing that an "event" however would use a call to the engine - referencing some objects and maybe accepting some parameters?

Could such a command, without an event creation, be passed through the ~ console ?

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:03 am

I think you'd have to use the (somewhat tricky) REGEDIT function. I still have nightmares of using to test relative combat power to settle some of the AI-AI wars more dynamically.

You can use it to create categories and to count values across defined areas or the globe.

Now we hit the problem, even when the AGEWIKI was available, this was a tricky one to get right, without the AGEWIKI I'm not even sure of the syntax so to capture the CP of your fleet, vs everyone else's fleet on T120. Or your coal etc.

If you want to play around, look in the Balkan event files, there are a few instances of it in there, may help give you a start.

Don Powell
Sergeant

Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:04 pm

Sounds painful.

But ... I have to imagine that each turn, the engine checks the conditions globally and if you meet the mission requirements are met, it pulls the trigger on the corresponding event ?

Could a very minor adjustment be made just to pipe the results of that calculation out to a log file?

I (personally) would not mind sifting through such a file and comparing values ....

Return to “Pride of Nations”