allan_boa
Colonel

Peace offer

Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:06 am

Hi, I'm France and and started a war with Maroc in order to annex them.
The regions I occupy are already marked as "France" and are in my blue color. Does it mean that as soon as I occupy a province it becomes my territory or should I negotiate a peace treaty and request annexion for the province to become my national territory (like in EU) ? because When I select "offer peace", no regions appear in the list.
Any idea ?
Thanks

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Re: Peace offer

Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:16 am

PON is not quite a "tint-the-world-in-my-color" game. You can only claim regions in a peace deal that either
- border to one of your National Regions (not Colonial 101% regions as far as I know)
- have a majority of your national population (French, in your case)
- regions of tribal states (unconfirmed, never did it)
- regions you have a claim on

Morocco being an unorganized state with regions of colonial type your best way is to keep up the occupation and go the colonization road.
Others might correct me there, but that is what I would do.
Be prepared for a blood drain on the long run though. The Moroccons haven't excactly waited for you.

In all cases a region does not become "yours" by simply occupying it.

allan_boa
Colonel

Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:45 am

Citizen X wrote:PON is not quite a "tint-the-world-in-my-color" game. You can only claim regions in a peace deal that either
- border to one of your National Regions (not Colonial 101% regions as far as I know)
- have a majority of your national population (French, in your case)
- regions of tribal states (unconfirmed, never did it)
- regions you have a claim on

Morocco being an unorganized state with regions of colonial type your best way is to keep up the occupation and go the colonization road.
Others might correct me there, but that is what I would do.
Be prepared for a blood drain on the long run though. The Moroccons haven't excactly waited for you.

In all cases a region does not become "yours" by simply occupying it.

Thanks for this explanation !
I wanted to annex Morocco to the French Algeria wile preventing Spain to increase its influence over Morocco.

Generally speaking, what are the conseqences at the international level for having an agressive foreign policy ? It doesn't seem that my aggression over Morocco had a lot of impact on my foreign relations (except maybe for Spain and of course Morocco itself who now hate me :-) )

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:50 am

The higher the grade of organization of a country is, the higher is the impact of an annexation. Annexing Laos is ok while annexing the Sarre region will get you hatemail.
Annexing Alsace for the Prussians on the other hand would be of lesser impact (other than in France) because they have a claim on it, afaik.
But it really only affects single player, because the human players can work themselves out of it and the ai will keep hating you.

Return to “Pride of Nations”