Palaiologos
Conscript

Ship names

Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:22 am

Trying to add historical custom names for ships, yet nothing happens. I change all the FF02 or whatever mdl files, delete the unit models cache, reload before initiating the construction of the ships, and nothing. Still "Wooden screw frigate" gets build. Am I doing something wrong?

P.S Whats the difference between FF02A and FF02B?

PhilThib

Re: Ship names

Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:48 am

The main difference between A, B, and C is the gun type (mouth loading = A, breech loading = B, rifled = C) which gives increasing firepower and range. In other words C is better than B which is better than A

The name changes will probably appear only in the unit detail panel, not in the generic engine message saying a construciton has been launched.

Palaiologos
Conscript

Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:18 am

I am talking about the unit panel myself. The ship names on the unit icon.

I didnt even know about mouth loading and breech loading. Do earlier versions upgrade automatically when you get the tech?

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:06 am

The first three naval upgrades are applied to the at start fleet - so basically sail will upgrade as far as it cans.

From 4 onwards, each upgrade makes the older ships obsolete and there is no upgrade. Reflects the fast moving debate about design of steel/coal naval vessels. So keeping a modern navy from about 1880-1910 is an expensive business.

Return to “Pride of Nations”