FishHeart
Civilian

Latest Fixes for Pride of Nations

Thu May 04, 2017 11:44 pm

Reading through the forums there are several threads regarding quick fixes and additional fixes. These include the 1.04.3 quick fix, a suggested cut and past to event files to correct force sizes, and another fix for events such as the American Civil War.

I was considering buying the game but am hesitant as I'd like to be able to have it in it's latest and greatest form.

Could someone provide a clear list of what are the most current "fixes", additionally is there a current plan when they might be wrapped up into a new patch?

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Re: Latest Fixes for Pride of Nations

Sat May 06, 2017 7:17 am

At the moment there are 3 posts with unofficial event fixes to the 1.04.03 patch.

This is the main one - posting.php?mode=quote&f=345&p=390534 - start here by downloading and the then overwrite the files in the event folder.

This post posting.php?mode=quote&f=345&p=391946 sorts out a small error in the above about the Crimean War. Overwrite that particular event and you will see the British and French join in ... and in my experience actually invade the Crimea

Finall this posting.php?mode=quote&f=250&p=392084 is a quick and dirty solution to the problem of Austria becoming too powerful (Prussia as well to a lesser extent) in the early game. Will really help with play balance.

Since then have found a problem with one of the Russian events around a revolt in the Caucasus. So that too will be in the next patch.

As far as I know, the next patch is due very soon - one thing I need to do is to put the changes above into the style needed for the basic game files. I suspect that may well be the very last official patch. At the moment the game plays really well - the old frustration of slow processing speeds is gone, the AI is rather feisty and the colonial game has been revamped.

FishHeart
Civilian

Re: Latest Fixes for Pride of Nations

Sat May 06, 2017 11:14 pm

Thanks for the explanation loki.

Return to “Pride of Nations”