basilhare
Lieutenant

Prussian Army Reorganization Post Muzzle Loading Rifles

Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:20 pm

Playing as Prussia.....I gained Muzzle Loading Rifles in 1853...its been about 10 turns & most everything upgraded except the Armee Korps themselves...I have the option to build Infantry Korps now....

Q: Do the Armee Korps eventually upgrade into Infantry Korps on their own?

Thanks.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Re: Prussian Army Reorganization Post Muzzle Loading Rifles

Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:45 pm

You may need to have infantry replacements for your army corps to upgrade.

I suggest you check the F3 screen and look at infantry replacements. If you see a red number, that is the number of hits that will need to be repaired for the complete upgrade to take place. Red numbers over cavalry, elite, and artillery replacements have the same meaning.

Each replacement chit you buy will repair a certain number of hits. If you buy replacement chits, your corps should start to upgrade.

I believe that this represents the actual cost of the new rifles, which need to be made and distributed.

basilhare
Lieutenant

Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:11 pm

vaalen wrote:You may need to have infantry replacements for your army corps to upgrade.

I suggest you check the F3 screen and look at infantry replacements. If you see a red number, that is the number of hits that will need to be repaired for the complete upgrade to take place. Red numbers over cavalry, elite, and artillery replacements have the same meaning.

Each replacement chit you buy will repair a certain number of hits. If you buy replacement chits, your corps should start to upgrade.

I believe that this represents the actual cost of the new rifles, which need to be made and distributed.

Thanks. Yes, I had spare replacements and they remain unused...no "red" indicators are showing so far...

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:42 pm

Sorry, I have not seen what you are undergoing. Not upgrading after ten turns for your army corps. That is very strange.

basilhare
Lieutenant

Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:49 am

vaalen wrote:Sorry, I have not seen what you are undergoing. Not upgrading after ten turns for your army corps. That is very strange.

I did paste in the force pool replacement fix on the other thread...I wonder if that inadvertently switched off something? Thanks.

basilhare
Lieutenant

Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:19 am

Perhaps this has been a false alarm? Looking more closely, the individual units do say "Regular Infantry 1850-1870" which matches the new muzzle loading units....but the names and pictures of the "counter" didnt change....the still say "Armee Korps" and not "Infantry Korps"

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:16 am

basilhare wrote:Perhaps this has been a false alarm? Looking more closely, the individual units do say "Regular Infantry 1850-1870" which matches the new muzzle loading units....but the names and pictures of the "counter" didnt change....the still say "Armee Korps" and not "Infantry Korps"

That could be. I am not sure that the names would change with the upgrade. One way to check would be to compare the stats of an infantry element in an infantry division with the stats of an infantry element in one of your Armee Korps... stats involving firepower, such as the numerical rating of firepower at different ranges. I am certain that the firepower ratings for Muzzle loading rifles is higher than the firearms they replace.

If the stats are the same, then I would be confident that the conversion has taken place. In fact, I used this method in the past when I was not sure that units had all been upgraded.

basilhare
Lieutenant

Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:59 am

vaalen wrote:
basilhare wrote:Perhaps this has been a false alarm? Looking more closely, the individual units do say "Regular Infantry 1850-1870" which matches the new muzzle loading units....but the names and pictures of the "counter" didnt change....the still say "Armee Korps" and not "Infantry Korps"

That could be. I am not sure that the names would change with the upgrade. One way to check would be to compare the stats of an infantry element in an infantry division with the stats of an infantry element in one of your Armee Korps... stats involving firepower, such as the numerical rating of firepower at different ranges. I am certain that the firepower ratings for Muzzle loading rifles is higher than the firearms they replace.

If the stats are the same, then I would be confident that the conversion has taken place. In fact, I used this method in the past when I was not sure that units had all been upgraded.

Good idea...they are the same...thanks for your help!

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:49 pm

Happy to be of help. Glad it worked.

I wish you much enjoyment in your game!

Regards,

Vaalen

Return to “Pride of Nations”