Steel_Crusader
Conscript

How to stop white peace?

Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:32 am

I'm in the middle of a war that I am winning. I'm trying to get my war score high enough to take a colony from my enemy, but the war keeps ending in a white peace. I keep redoing the turn, but this keeps happening. How can I stop this? If I declare war immediately after, will the war score reset to zero? Please help. I don't want all my hard work to be wasted.

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Re: How to stop white peace?

Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:49 am

wee bit of supplementary information would help such as which faction you are playing, who the war is with, game date etc.

A recent addition was some code to end AI-AI wars where the WS was zero and nothing happening after a while. If that is affecting you then this is a bug.

But some wars are scripted to end, so if yours was a scripted war start you may well find it ending at a set date regardless of actual progress.

Steel_Crusader
Conscript

Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:51 am

I'm playing as Russia and I'm in a war against the Netherlands. I'm trying to get a war score high enough to take one of their colonies. There hasn't been fighting ever single turn, but there are battles every few turns. What can I do to keep the war going?

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:52 am

Steel_Crusader wrote:I'm playing as Russia and I'm in a war against the Netherlands. I'm trying to get a war score high enough to take one of their colonies. There hasn't been fighting ever single turn, but there are battles every few turns. What can I do to keep the war going?

ok, that sounds wrong. Could you post your current saves - this turn and the previous one would be great. Easiest is to create a link using 'We transfer' and simply post that link here?

sorta
Captain

Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:21 am

Hello was there ever resolution to this? In a PBEM game Belgium has had an enforced white peace during a war.

Are white peaces meant to happen between players and AI? If so what is the criterion for them? With war score increasing so slowly a campaign to take a colony could last over 300 turns so a white peace would be a problem

Durk

Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:05 am

In my take, with AI White Peace is AI making the simple offer. So not much you can do except manipulate diplomacy options to reengage in a war.

maars85
Conscript

Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:37 am

Not very helpfull Durk, but thx for U respond.

Problem is that before white peace in Africa BEL own Mbanza and Kinshassa. Now I lost it, because Angola is protectorate of POR. So my all forces about 150.000 men is trapped in Africa.

In meantime my foreces captured Loanda (big battle there in late december 1859) & captured forts in Cabinda, Cuanza & Benguela.
My main army land in Faro (early march 1860) & besieged it. Probably it will fall in next turn.
My warscore was If I good remember beetwen 6-8.
In turn which peace pop up I have 9 warscore & increasing every single turn by 1.

Like U see above I't not true like log said "as no significiant military activity hapens between BEL & POR, a white peace is effect"

We asking that is a bug? White peace should not affected player nation?

Regards

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:49 am

Another not so helpful detail :P

If I remember correctly, this has been a request by players, so that wars couldn't go endlessly anymore and eat off National Morale. But that is a long time ago, so I might be wrong.

Best shot is still to invade the opponents national territory in a war.

However, as I like to always say: PON is no tint-the-world-in-my-color kind of game. It is all about the VPs.

Return to “Pride of Nations”