vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

I enjoy this game so much that...

Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:52 am

I wonder why I ever bother to play anything else.

Really, with the latest patch, and the improved turn processing times, and the incredible immersive value of the game, it is amazing. The scope of this game is incredible, the world feels very large, and there are always new challenges, new choices, new plans.

Durk

Re: I enjoy this game so much that...

Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:13 am

I am not quite with you, yet. I am in daunting awe of the game, but I am still learning more than playing effectively.

My major challenge is the complexity of the game. I am more used to marching my armies while neglecting their tail. So a game which is at heart the dynamic underpinnings of successful nation building in the colonial era is a major challenge for me. I have to think and plan. I am fortunate in that I am playing with others who are open and sharing. I learn things at least every other turn of play.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Re: I enjoy this game so much that...

Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:42 am

Durk wrote:I am not quite with you, yet. I am in daunting awe of the game, but I am still learning more than playing effectively.

My major challenge is the complexity of the game. I am more used to marching my armies while neglecting their tail. So a game which is at heart the dynamic underpinnings of successful nation building in the colonial era is a major challenge for me. I have to think and plan. I am fortunate in that I am playing with others who are open and sharing. I learn things at least every other turn of play.

Yes, the logistical tail and setting up a supply infrastructure is vital to success, even survival, especially in the colonial game. When I consider setting up a colony, especially trying to conquer a less advanced nation, I do a great deal of planning to cover this vital impact. There are many ways to do this, and the best ones are often dictated by the nature of the terrain. Weather and difficult terrain can make movement and supply very difficult, but there is always a solution, and so many ways to approach it. But my plans do not always work, and sometimes a disaster results, as it did in RL.

And organizing and planning the right mix of forces for a particular war is both a challenge and a joy.

I am glad that you are playing with people who know the game and share their knowledge.

I think the true joy of this game comes when you know it well, something that takes much experience with it. Looks like you are on your way, and I hope you truly enjoy this masterpiece.

Regards,

Vaalen

Return to “Pride of Nations”