Steel_Crusader
Conscript

Raising Capital as Russia

Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:30 am

I'm currently playing as Russia in the 1880 campaign. I'm currently in 1886. So far, I've had trouble raising enough capital to build factories. Other than the very beggining of the game, I haven't been able to get my capital over 1,500 so I haven't been able to build factories or other industrial sites. What can I do to raise capital?

Hyroda
Sergeant

Re: Raising Capital as Russia

Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:45 pm

i not an experiance player,..
in my opinion,.. i think to raise money,.. would be the easyest way to,..
1) build factories,.. for goods
2) trade as confortable as possible,...
3) maybe some treatys wouldnt be bad too,..
4) maybe some extra options,.. wich you can't choose and wich arent locked for the year you've actualy are...
5) keep the technologie foword,..

regards

Erostratus
Corporal

Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:07 pm

I don't think you should build factories at least to solve your problem. If you want to be a little gamey and don't care about historical gameplay, I would open up trading posts(if possible) in provences that carry high valued items i.e. gems etc. Every 3 or four turns your merchants usually produce a gem and send it to your national stockpile where you can sell it easily for a tidy amount of pc. If you build factories you have to spend on the factories under the assumption you will get to trade all you produce. That won't always work.

also you can tweak the conversion of pc into money, by adjusting the taxation. If you are looking for more pc I believe you have to lower taxes but your will end up with less money, so this can affect any army building and maintenance.

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:18 pm

Build merchant fleets and buy stuff that your population wants to consume.

James D Burns

Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:20 pm

The second part of the initial post in this thread turned out to be bad advise (ignore it), but the first part is a solid way to get your capital income to grow in the early game. It takes a lot of micro management to set things up initially, but once you've got your factories turned on/off as needed and buy orders placed for other necessities, you should see decent growth in your capital income.

With Russia it's important early game to also get railroads built leading to your coal producing regions, so it may take a while to get your economy humming, but it will eventually get easier to manage it.

For Russia early game I'd probably shoot for just a 5 point or less surplus in produced items as every extra dollar counts until you get your industry built up more.

viewtopic.php?f=250&t=40104

Jim

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:19 pm

I'm not sure that Russia in the 1850 start needs much micro-management. With a little bit of care I got things set up so I could build something every 3-4 turns (factory, agriculture or mostly rails) so PC is not a problem.

While with Italy I found at start (and really up to 1880 or so) every buy/use/sell decision needed careful evaluation in my current Russian game I've the economy and trades pretty much on auto pilot - I do a major review every 6 game months.

State income is more of a problem but I'm sticking to the marathon not a sprint model of building up my miltary capacity. My guess is the at start army, with a few extra builds, will ease you through the 1850s.

Worth remembering the OP in this thread was asking about 1880. For various reasons I think the economic problem for most states in that scenario is more tricky than it is in 1850. You tend to have less flexibility and more resources are being immediately consumed which makes re-adjustment much harder?
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

Return to “Pride of Nations”