rebelyell2006
Civilian

101 CP/ 0 SOI in Colony Bug

Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:21 pm

I'm playing Belgium 1850 Campaign, game patched to 1.3. I took over the Gabon Congo area and the Belgian Congo area; during colonization I fought the locals in Gemena and Basoko. I declared protectorates and colonies, but those two regions will randomly jump in Colonial Penetration to 101% while dropping SOI to 0; the following turn, their Colonial Penetration will drop to 40%, and I have to slowly bring their Colonial Penetration back up to match the surrounding regions (which have been at 100% for a while). What could be causing this? And is there a way to fix this via script?

rebelyell2006
Civilian

Re: 101 CP/ 0 SOI in Colony Bug

Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:13 am

So I think I know what is happening. Those are regions where the French population has exceeded 50%, so it becomes a non-national territory. And then the CP jumps to 101 and then drops to 60. I don't understand why it is doing that.

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:53 pm

In general, I'd strongly suggest upgrade to the current beta - it sorts out a few issues with 1.03 so worth the swap.

SOI is only losely connected to colonial penetration. At the start the pattern of SOIs reflect how the European powers want to divide up the globe. If you are ill-mannered enough to step outside this agreement, you'll end up with a region/colony at negative SOI. If you retain it, over time this SOI will improve back to zero and then go positive - in effect reflecting a wider consensus that this region is now yours.

The flipping of colonial to non-national is, I believe, WAD. It tends to only happen in low population regions where you send a lot of settlers. It has secondary advantages - its much harder to lose in a peace treaty (the war score will reflect that it is now part of your state not a mere colony) and you can play some of the higher value development cards. I managed this in what is now the Gulf States and it paid off as production of gems etc escalated as I was able to really boost both the infrastructure and the available population.

Yes, you can revert via script but I'd take the advantages and play with the new status

oh and welcome to the PoN forums

rebelyell2006
Civilian

Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:23 am

It flips, but what annoys me is that it flips back. Mbarara, when it reached 51%, jumped to 101 CP, but the next turn dropped to 60 CP.

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:47 am

it *shouldn't* go from non-national to colonial. Could you put up a save for the 2 turns and I'll try to have a look, its a bit hard to work out the issue just from your comments and it might be obvious or it might be a bug

Return to “Pride of Nations”