hapshott
Conscript

Missing images after update on steam 1.04

Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:34 pm

Hello,

I'm missing images in the steam edition after the 1.04 update. For example the canned food shop and furniture shop in the purchase economic sub mode.

I did a clean install. This didn't help. After that verify integrity gane cache. After that I'm still missing images.

Does anybody know a solution for this? Or will there be a patch which solves this?

I thank you in advance for your reply.

Regards,

Hapshott

Siegfroh
Major

Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:40 pm

The problem is described in the thread linked below in message #18, with a solution (I don't know though whether it works with steam) in message #20:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?50152-Pride-of-Nations-has-been-updated-to-Version-1-04!

hapshott
Conscript

Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:07 pm

Hello Siegfroh,

Thans for Your link.

Steam install immediately the 1.04 version. So I do not get an older version from which you can copy the missing images. That is how I interpreted the described solution.

Perhaps Ageod can make a zip or update which contained the missing files?

Greetings

Hapshott

Siegfroh
Major

Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:22 pm

hapshott wrote:So I do not get an older version from which you can copy the missing images.

You can download the 1.04 beta patch here:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?43536-PON-Public-beta-patch-1-04-June-10th

and proceed as I described in my posting in the other thread.

The problem is that the official 1.04 patch deletes the complete graphics folder, but replaces it only with an incomplete set of images.

hapshott
Conscript

Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:49 pm

Hello Siegfroh,

Sorry, but I'm missing something. Steam already throwes away the images during the install phase. After that i installed the patch in a different folder. I wanted to copy the images. But these are not in the patch folder.

So I do not have the missing images in steam and not in the patch. Any ideas on how I can stop steam to use 1.04 and use an olderversion. The I can copy the files to a temperarely folder and use the normale steam install procedure.

Regards,

Hapshott

Siegfroh
Major

Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:36 am

Hapshott, as I don't use Steam, I can't reallly tell. But if Steam doesn't install first the original version and then in a second step the update, but instead a consolidated merged version of both: tough luck, I would say ;-)

I am sure there will be a corrected official patch in the next days.

hapshott
Conscript

Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:54 pm

I'm sure that Ageod will make a new patch.

But I do not understand why it wasn't detected before rollout of the patch. As a verification engineer I always check my files for changes by using a comparator like beyond compare before I commit them.

Especially for a patch. You want to see and verify that the correct files are changed. Missing files are immediately shown. It's just a small and easy to do check.

Perhaps something to do before releasing the next patch

Regards,

Hapshott

Pocus

Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:42 am

This will be fixed on Steam. There should be a file comparison check done before deposing the files onto Steam also.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

hapshott
Conscript

Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:28 pm

Hello Pocus,

Great to hear that a new patch for steam is worked on.

I think the Ageod support is great. It is already an old game, but still improvements are made.

Regards,

Hapshott

uglyr
Private

Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:41 pm

hapshott wrote:I'm missing images in the steam edition after the 1.04 update. For example the canned food shop and furniture shop in the purchase economic sub mode.

Are you sure it happend AFTER? As far as I remember these 2 was always missing.

Siegfroh
Major

Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:52 pm

uglyr wrote:Are you sure it happend AFTER? As far as I remember these 2 was always missing.

At least with the 1.04 beta patch, they are not missing:

[ATTACH]40005[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Zwischenablage01.jpg

Return to “Pride of Nations”