vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Cannot install new patch because I bought it from Gamersgate, not Matrix. Please Help

Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:00 am

I have been waiting for this patch for a very long time, yet I cannot get it because I bought the game from Gamersgate as soon as it came out. Many others have suffered the same problem.

Since this is my favorite game of all time, this is very frustrating, to be polite.

Please post the patch in this forum along with the other patches, so those of us who bought the game when it first came out can get it.

The sooner you can do this, the better, to paraphrase the motto of the royal navy.

dougo33
Private

Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:11 am

I clicked on the link from the Facebook entry. Then I scrolled down to PON, clicked on "Members" on the right. That took me to a page to download it from. Hope this helps.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:57 am

dougo33 wrote:I clicked on the link from the Facebook entry. Then I scrolled down to PON, clicked on "Members" on the right. That took me to a page to download it from. Hope this helps.

I appreciate your help, but the problem is that I and many others did not buy the game from Matrix, but from Gamersgate when it came out in 2011.
There is no members space to click on , since we did not and cannot register the game with Matrix. This prevents us from getting the patch.

wosung

Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:19 am

Bought it directly from Ageod. Can't register the serial in the Matrix members area. This prevents me also from getting the patch.

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:29 am

I realise this is no help to those with the problem but I bought PoN from GG as most above, just downloaded the patch from the matrix members area with no serial/registration and its gone fine

No idea at all if it makes any difference but I accessed their members area from this link: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4144192 and then just clicked on 'members' next to Pride of Nations. Got to this:

Not sure if it made any difference that I am registered with their forum (even if PoN is not registered with them?).

When I tried to open, it originally couldn't find the base game files so I had to point it to where I have PoN downloaded.

As above, no help if you are hitting a problem but thought it might help to note its not a universal problem with a Gamersgate original purchase.
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

Maple Leaf
Conscript

Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:06 pm

Thanks loki100 that worked! For all the others out there who bought the game several years ago on G.G., try accessing the matrix games list. Click on "MEMBER" (not "Register"). It just started downloading the patch automatically for me, even though I don't have a serial key. Downloading now. Can't wait to finish work today so I can get down to another epic French campaign. Best game ever!

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:48 pm

glad it helped ... nothing more annoying than someone posting that they have no issues when others clearly are having a problem

... now to address the really tricky choice of France or Russia for the next grand campaign game?
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:26 pm

This morning, I found the link worked, and their was a link I could click on at the membership club. That was not the case last night.

I had also contacted Liarfox by PM, and he kindly gave me a link that took me right to the membership club, which is the same link that is in his post. I understand that no Matrix serial is needed to install this patch.

I am downloading the patch now. What Maple Leaf suggested now works, and I thank him and everyone else who has answered this thread.

Loki, thank you for the solution you have posted as to a problem that could arise in installing the patch.

I actually have the same difficult choice you are facing for the next grand campaign, and it is a hard one. I think I will choose France, this time. I love expanding the French empire, and someone must deal with those troublesome Prussians...

WallysWorld
Captain

Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:57 pm

Downloading the patch now through the Member Downloads. Thanks for that info, Loki.

WallysWorld
Captain

Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:03 pm

Maple Leaf wrote:Thanks loki100 that worked! For all the others out there who bought the game several years ago on G.G., try accessing the matrix games list. Click on "MEMBER" (not "Register"). It just started downloading the patch automatically for me, even though I don't have a serial key. Downloading now. Can't wait to finish work today so I can get down to another epic French campaign. Best game ever!

Thanks too for that detailed info.

Pocus

Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:26 pm

Thanks to Loki for the help!

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:06 pm

I downloaded the patch. When I opened it, there was a message saying that Pride of Nations was not installed. which was inaccurate. I noticed that it looked possible to proceed with the patch, and I made the ordinary selections and continued.

I then found that the patch had actually found the installation path to where PON is on my computer, and I proceeded to continue with the installation. The patch stated it had been installed. I started the game, and was overjoyed to find that the new patch had indeed been installed.

So the message that "Pride of Nations has not been installed" turned out to be no problem.

Pocus

Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:04 pm

Yes, it probably means it did not find the Matrix version of PON.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “Pride of Nations”