LiarFox

Pride of Nations has been updated to Version 1.04!

Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:43 pm

Hi all!

There is a new bunch of updates and improvements in this new version, and the list is very huge!

In general, the engine has been updated to the latest game logic and UI functionalities common to all AGE engine game.

Check the changelog below

You can download the patch from the member’s area.

Gameplay
• Naval resupply from special sea zones can be reduced by enemy ships.
• Development level reduction done by regional decisions was not working.
• Ability sending command points modifier to subordinate stacks had a bug resulting in double modifiers sometime.
• Improved ammo distribution algorithm significantly.
• Improved retreat logic.
• stacks don't retreat from regions not having an offensive posture stack
• Leaders will only lose seniority on January 1st and July 1st, this should help for promotion potential.
• There is a 25% chance that artillery manages to counter fire enemy artillery instead of firing on a frontline element.
• Besieged group can't escape besiegers with evade roll
• Evasion is pro-ratised to cohesion
• Can now build depots in allied territory
• Diplomacy got several bug fixes and consistency additions:
- A war with a minor can stop spontaneously after one year if warscore is still low (< 10)
- If you are allied with an enemy of another ally DOWing said enemy, you don't DOW it.
- Made sure no CB is given if 2 nations are at war.
- When giving back regions to its original owner, as part of a peace treaty, you won't lose the VP, NM originally gained from them.
- True defensive treaty: Major nation <A> gets a CB against another enemy major nation <B>, if in a defensive treaty with ally major <C> being attacked by <B>

Interface
• Shift key can now be used both for lands and waters regions, allows seeing the links between regions.
• Losses of ships are now properly logged in the message panel
• Experience stats in element panel displayed again
• Music sound volume can now be tweaked (yeah!) - need editing a file though:
- you can alter music volume by adding a value between 20 and 100 in UserInterface.opt inoMusicVolume = 60 // music volume, default is 60

AI
• Generic AI significantly improved on most algorithms, thanks to a chirurgical yet powerful modification (expect a +10-15% improved Athena nastiness!)
• Dislikes much more to be trapped in cities
• AI assaults more frequently besieged structures
• Admirals are more often send to secondary’s fleets
• AI faster in sending ships in naval special boxes. (to combine with extra ships attributes)
• AI will be more vigilant in defending its capital.
• AI has been improved on resupplying algorithm
• High ranked leaders will be much more reluctant to command small forces.
• Idle leaders in enemy land will seek to get back to ‘headquarter region’.
• Transports will have a quite low buying priority if the AI is bested in naval power and situation is not great.
• AI will get a slightly higher bonus for railroad autorepair (which is based on the development level of the region)
• SplitLargeStacks anti doomstack algorithm

Modding
A log appears in the splash screen while you parse a script. Useful to see where you are in the parsing process. Plus, it looks cool! The periodicity of this log is controlled by sysScriptMemoPeriodicity in system.opt.

Siegfroh
Major

Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:09 pm

Great News !

However, my download always freezes at 331 odf 333 MB. Something wrong with the file ?

Or am I the only one with this problem and have to search for a solution on my side ?

(I tried it only twice, both time the download stopped at 331 MB.)

Random
AGEod Veteran

Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:14 pm

Downloaded successfully from the Matrix members page and the patch installed without incident. Thanks to all involved.

-C

Siegfroh
Major

Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:26 pm

Thanks, so I will just have to try it again.

PS. Failed me again, the download always stops at 331 MB, three times with Firefox and one time with Opera by now.

PPS. Same with Internet Explorer and Safari: at 331 MB (of 333 MB) the download stops and is never completed. I don't know what to do ? For Random, the download from the Matrix Members' page worked, so the problem must lie somewhere on my end. Usually, with my system (still Windows XP), I don't have any problems in downloading huge files.

enf91
AGEod Veteran

Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:24 pm

I got PON from Gamersgate. Matrix doesn't recognize my GG serial number. Is there some other way to download the patch?

Lemoni
Sergeant

Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:31 pm

Same here from Gamersgate

WallysWorld
Captain

Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:10 pm

Make that three. Those of us that bought PoN from Gamersgate need either new serial keys or else a way to download the patches from the Matrix Member's Section.

Kensai

Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:29 pm

Downloaded and updated from Steam version automatically. I will be starting a new vanilla game with Great Britain from scratch. The Grand Campaign scenario, from 1850. Promised to myself a "quick" campaign, only limited moves per turn and NO scripting. Want to see how the game fares now in full maturity. One good thing, even with my aging PC rig, the turn process time is relatively fast. Thanks Philippes. :)
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

richfed

Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:43 pm

Downloaded & installed from the above link with no problems - other than Norton asking me if I should allow it on my PC. Thanks for a long awaited patch!
[color="DarkRed"][SIZE="2"][font="Book Antiqua"]"We've caught them napping!"[/font][/size][/color]

Prussia
Lieutenant

Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:06 pm

Doing a file compare of a "Clean" most recent Beta iteration to a "Clean" today's Full 1.04 release, there are many new files; as well as new updated files; but some of the event, and scenario images are not there, so it may behoove one to check if you are doing a "CLEAN" install; I would posit that if you are just updating your current version then you would not have this issue. But in both cases you would find an Ageod producer logo replaced by a Paradox logo (cough cough really?).

Silent Disapproval Robot
Conscript

Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:39 pm

Gamersgate version as well. Can't register.

Prussia
Lieutenant

Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:48 pm

As an example:

In Front End Asset Balance, you'll find 3 missing png's in your new clean install:

C:\games\Pride of Nations\VGN\Graphics\FrontEnd\AssetsBalance\AB_Ships_HL.png
C:\games\Pride of Nations\VGN\Graphics\FrontEnd\AssetsBalance\AB_Ships_OFF.png
C:\games\Pride of Nations\VGN\Graphics\FrontEnd\AssetsBalance\AB_Ships_ON.png

Some other examples:

C:\games\Pride of Nations\VGN\Graphics\FrontEnd\BattleReport\BR-back SP.png
C:\games\Pride of Nations\VGN\Graphics\FrontEnd\EventWindow\EventBack_G57.png
C:\games\Pride of Nations\VGN\Graphics\FrontEnd\EventWindow\EventBack_M57.png
C:\games\Pride of Nations\VGN\Graphics\FrontEnd\F3-Military Production\SMProduction_Infos.png
C:\games\Pride of Nations\VGN\Graphics\Units\Land Units\Unit_MUG_Tempo1.png

Entire folder:

C:\games\Pride of Nations\VGN\Graphics\FrontEnd\F5-Stratmap

This segment may appear confusing because there are instances of C:\games\Pride of Nations 1.04\VGN\Graphics\FrontEnd\F5-Population C:\games\Pride of Nations 1.04\VGN\Graphics\FrontEnd\F5-Stratmap

Same with double research and population folders, though contents are different. But the exec would know which folder to look into, so not a biggie.

Bottom line it really appears that you have to do this over an existing installation unless you want to futz around with merging the two iterations- a file compare program makes the job very easy however.

Maple Leaf
Conscript

Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:01 am

I too bought from Gamers Gate. Help! I've been waiting too long for this!!! How can I download the update?

Ickiestickie
Civilian

Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:38 am

Its a Huge Patch too! :) Feels like a entriely new Game.

Durk

Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:09 am

Siegfroh wrote:Thanks, so I will just have to try it again.

PS. Failed me again, the download always stops at 331 MB, three times with Firefox and one time with Opera by now.

PPS. Same with Internet Explorer and Safari: at 331 MB (of 333 MB) the download stops and is never completed. I don't know what to do ? For Random, the download from the Matrix Members' page worked, so the problem must lie somewhere on my end. Usually, with my system (still Windows XP), I don't have any problems in downloading huge files.

Try downloading by right clicking on the link and download as an Admin. Or, reboot, with only the Matrix download page, try that, incidentally, I had no issues downloading.

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:39 am

Thanks for the update, it looks great.

The update auto-installed on steam for me.

The downside, I can now no longer see any of my save games or load any save games whatsoever, none of them show up at all. When clicking on the load save game screen, it simply comes up with a blank screen, without any saves listed. Help, please!

Siegfroh
Major

Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:24 am

Great to see the game improved ! (I sorted out my download problems and made a clean install.) Experience stars are shown now. Archduke Ferdinand survives the first rounds.

However, alle the missing strings and map errors (twin Dayton, ressource issues) pointed out here:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?43536-PON-Public-beta-patch-1-04-June-10th

haven't yet been adjusted ? It seems by error the old (uncorrected) files have been incorporated into the update, not the corrected ones.

And Prussia still is able in 1850 to raise infantry corps of the lesser German states, even though these states are independent (last message in the thread linked above).

Siegfroh
Major

Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:06 pm

I made a clean install: my CD bougt in 2011, then beta patch 1.04 (because today's patch wasn't updating all the old game data files), and then the new patch of today.

The image for a canned food factory is missing:

[ATTACH]39970[/ATTACH]

Maybe, some other images are missing as well ? These are all the images found in the relevant folder:

[ATTACH]39969[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Zwischenablage01.jpg
Zwischenablage02.jpg

Prussia
Lieutenant

Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:44 pm

The Canned food Industry are one series of images that I found was missing and needed to be copied over to 1.04 Final. And there are more.

Bet you are seeing the Paradox Logo instead of Ageod as well.

Siegfroh
Major

Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:11 pm

Prussia wrote:The Canned food Industry are one series of images that I found was missing and needed to be copied over to 1.04 Final. And there are more.

Yes, I re-installed and found out that the official 1.04 patch is deleting some files without replacing them. I don't really see a logic in this ?

So it seems the best though awkward way for a working clean install is:

1) installing from CD into a folder A
2) patching to 1.04 beta patch
3) installing 1.04 official patcch into another folder B
4) copying over all the files from folder B to folder A

Probably, Steam users are better off here.

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:48 am

What exactly is the path to the file that can be altered to adjust the music volume?

I found what I thought was the file, but it didn't seem to have a line about volume that could be changed.

Prussia
Lieutenant

Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:31 am

I've so far done it 2 times- 1.03d to 1.03e, to Africa DLC which fubars every time; then to 1.04 beta then to 1.04 Official. Each time files are not moving over. I'm going to dump the Africa DLC into its own folder to see what it entails.

Prussia
Lieutenant

Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:44 am

The Africa DLC apart from upgrading your Install to 1.03e if required is composed of only the Scenario file. So no other types of files are installed.

Siegfroh
Major

Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:58 am

Without trying to build up any futile pressure (have been waiting for 5 years now to see the game finally patched, so I am used to be patient) - is there any rough estimate as to when the patch to the official 1.04 patch will be ready ? One week ? One month ?

Pocus

Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:14 pm

We are going to post something to try for people having an issue. THe issue might simply be about some missing files in the patch. Please check the thread 'if you have troubles with 1.04' in the Help Improves PON subforum.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “Pride of Nations”