Erostratus
Corporal

Has anyone been able to get S-P into the crimean war? What did you do?

Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:20 am

I could just stick a local support on the ottomans, but that could get me into an early war with austria? Perhaps local support on france? Once I am at war with russia, how would the peace work out? Has anyone given it a go? Thanks

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:15 pm

I'm not too sure what is in the current patch and what is due for the next (away from the computer with my PoN files).

What the event should do now is a bit different according to who/what is AI controlled. Any player controlled states get CBs. But as its been simplified an AI Turkey and an AI Russia should go to war. An AI UK and France are most likely to join in and S-P will follow (if AI). That war is fixed for 4 years and ends with the historical peace deal. Overlapping this is the conflict between Russia and Austria in the Balkans (this is not scripted to war though that is a possibility). This shouldn't kick off a war between S-P and Austria as you will be notionally on the same side in that Russia is a common enemy - albeit in different wars.

If a player controlled S-P joins in the Crimean War you'll get a nice prestige boost but no need to do much to earn this (so fairly historical). The French and British AIs are given an interest in the Crimea for the duration - but this doesn't always work that well as the AI has a range of balancing factors and its rather hard to calibrate.
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

Erostratus
Corporal

Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:14 pm

I am playing as S-P, I intend to look into my event files when I get out of work, are you saying that S-P get some kind of casus belli when the crimean war starts? I was looking into to the timing historically and it looks like S-P joins a year after the war begins. Thank you.

Return to “Pride of Nations”