XTRG
Sergeant

How to give Austria Colonial Options ?

Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:43 am

as above, about to start a Pride Of Nations Austria game and i'd love to have more to do then just end turn and watch the Colonial Great game go ahead without me :) .

would appreiciate any help

XTRG
Sergeant

Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:46 pm

Bump.

But seriously how can i enable full colonial options for Austria. i.e the colonial decision cards.

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:34 pm

XTRG wrote:Bump.

But seriously how can i enable full colonial options for Austria. i.e the colonial decision cards.

Best solution is to look in the German event files, for around 1882 you will find a script for the event that gives Germany the full set of cards. Amend that event to apply to A-H from the start of the game.

You may also have to alter your national attributes to give Austria the status of a global rather than regional power - look in the set up files for the game and you'll see what you need to change.

sorry this is only pointing you in direction of solutions but really short of time so can't dig the information out for you
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

XTRG
Sergeant

Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:13 pm

loki100 wrote:Best solution is to look in the German event files, for around 1882 you will find a script for the event that gives Germany the full set of cards. Amend that event to apply to A-H from the start of the game.

You may also have to alter your national attributes to give Austria the status of a global rather than regional power - look in the set up files for the game and you'll see what you need to change.

sorry this is only pointing you in direction of solutions but really short of time so can't dig the information out for you

I tried to edit the event's in for Austria but no luck.

If you have the time could you make a quick guide? that'd be really helpful.

Thank you :)

Siegfroh
Major

Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:13 pm

Here you are. Unzip the attached Kolonialverien.zip file.

AUS Events.sct has to be put in the Pride of Nations\VGN\Events sub-directory.

LocalStrings_VGN.csv has to be put in the Pride of Nations\VGN\Settings sub-directory.

Austria will get all the colonial options at some time within the first six years. You can change these settings by editing the beginning of the AUS Events.sct file. If you want all the colonial options immediately (second half of January 1850 = round 2), set them to:

MinDate = 1850/01/01
MaxDate = 1850/01/31
Probability = 100

The changes I made were adding a "Kolonialverein" event at the beginnig of AUS Events.sct, and adding an appropriate text string for Austria in LocalStrings_VGN.csv (line 9105) - however out of lazyness only for the English version.

Austria doesn't get any colonial troops though. Maybe I will try to change this at a later date.

loki100 wrote:You may also have to alter your national attributes to give Austria the status of a global rather than regional power

I didn't do this (as I yet don't know how), and still I was able to appropriate in the second round the customs office in Siam. What is the difference in gameplay between being a global or a regional power ?
Attachments
Kolonialverein.zip
(1.68 MiB) Downloaded 292 times

Siegfroh
Major

Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:50 pm

I have added colonial brigades to the national pool of Austrian units, along the pattern of the Prusso-German colonial brigades. These colonial brigades will be available from the start of the 1850 campaign.

The following changes were necessary:

added four unit_AUSx*.png files to the Pride of Nations\VGN\Graphics\Units\Land Units folder
added four army_AUSx*.png files to the Pride of Nations\VGN\Graphics\Armies&Fleets\Land Army folder
added four mdl_AUSx*.png files to the Pride of Nations\VGN\Graphics\Portraits\Land Models folder
added four *.uni files to the Pride of Nations\VGN\GameData\Units folder
added four *.mdl files to the Pride of Nations\VGN\GameData\Models folder
added four entries each at the end of the mdl_Alias.ini and uni_Alias.ini files in the Pride of Nations\VGN\Aliases folder
added the string 10836|7| to the beginning of line 112766 of the 1850 GC.scn file in the to Pride of Nations\VGN\Scens folder

I have put the new and altered files in a zip file, which is attached. Remember to make a backup before unzipping this file from within the Pride of Nations folder. All files will be put in their right place, and the files which have to be altered will be overwritten.

You also must delete the following two files:

Pride of Nations\VGN\GameData\Units\Units.Cached
Pride of Nations\VGN\GameData\Models\Models.Cached

With the next start of the game, these two *.Cached files will be rebuilt automatically, to contain also the new information on the Austrian colonial brigades. This can take up to 10 minutes, be patient.

I don't know much enough about the game mechanics, so I am not sure whether the colonial brigades will auto-upgrade automatically when new weapons are developed, or whether there is another file which initiates these upgrades and has also to be changed ?

PS. I have improved my changes and combined into one single zip file the Kolonialverein event with the availabilty of colonial brigades. Austrian Colonial brigades will now become available together with the Kolonialverein event, no longer directly from the start. This renders it unnecessary to change the scenario file. I set the probability of the Kolonialverein event down to 10%, so that it hopefully will not always pop up in the first few rounds.

And I added new images for the early colonial brigades (from left to right: 1840, 1850, 1870, 1890)

[ATTACH]38068[/ATTACH][ATTACH]38069[/ATTACH][ATTACH]38070[/ATTACH][ATTACH]38067[/ATTACH]
Attachments
mdl_AUSx_Inf1870_Col4.png
mdl_AUSx_Inf1850_Col2.png
mdl_AUSx_Inf1840_Col1.png
mdl_AUSx_Inf1890_Col6.png
VGN.zip
(1.88 MiB) Downloaded 275 times

Siegfroh
Major

Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:33 am

loki100 wrote:You may also have to alter your national attributes to give Austria the status of a global rather than regional power

I had a look at the files. The attribute regional power is defined in the 26-fat_ProjRegional.att file of the Pride of Nations\VGN\GameData\FacAttribs directory.

It has got four modifiers, the files for them are found in the Pride of Nations\VGN\GameData\FacMods directory. These modifiers have got sub-modifiers:

Modifier0 = $FM_Various_NAV_Regional
- Modifier0 = $fmdXpBonusNavalBuild|2 (worldwide has got 10)
- Modifier1 = $fmdPercSellChanceMod|5 (worldwide has got 15)
- Modifier2 = $fmdPercBuyChanceMod|5 (worldwide has got 15)

Modifier1 = $FM_SOIChg_NAV_Regional
- no modifiers - so without effect, I presume ? Deprecated ? The other $FM_SOIChg_NAV* files don't have any modifiers either.

Modifier2 = $FM_ConscriptsOfficersPool_NAV_Regional
- Modifier0 = $fmdConsPoolProdMod|5 (worldwide has got 30)
- Modifier1 = $fmdConsPoolDecayMod|5 (worldwide has got 20)

Modifier3 = $FM_DiplomatGain_NAV_Regional
- Modifier0 = $fmdDiploGainBaseHAbs|-100 (worldwide has got 200)
- Modifier1 = $fmdDiploGainCabinHAbs|0 (worldwide has got 100)
- Modifier2 = $fmdDiplomatMaxAbs|-10 (worldwide has got 10)

So from what I can grasp, being a regional power handicaps merchants' trade success, fleet building and replacement, and diplomacy, but doesn't have influence on the success of colonial options ?

XTRG
Sergeant

Sat May 07, 2016 8:45 pm

I'm so sorry i never knew that someone had replied!.

Thank you for your work !

XTRG
Sergeant

Sat May 07, 2016 8:50 pm

Siegfroh wrote:Here you are. Unzip the attached Kolonialverien.zip file.

AUS Events.sct has to be put in the Pride of Nations\VGN\Events sub-directory.

LocalStrings_VGN.csv has to be put in the Pride of Nations\VGN\Settings sub-directory.

Austria will get all the colonial options at some time within the first six years. You can change these settings by editing the beginning of the AUS Events.sct file. If you want all the colonial options immediately (second half of January 1850 = round 2), set them to:

MinDate = 1850/01/01
MaxDate = 1850/01/31
Probability = 100

The changes I made were adding a "Kolonialverein" event at the beginnig of AUS Events.sct, and adding an appropriate text string for Austria in LocalStrings_VGN.csv (line 9105) - however out of lazyness only for the English version.

Austria doesn't get any colonial troops though. Maybe I will try to change this at a later date.

I didn't do this (as I yet don't know how), and still I was able to appropriate in the second round the customs office in Siam. What is the difference in gameplay between being a global or a regional power ?

Would this be compatiable with the Austrian unification of Germany mod?

Siegfroh
Major

Sun May 08, 2016 9:53 pm

XTRG wrote:Would this be compatiable with the Austrian unification of Germany mod?

I don't know the Austrian unification of Germany mod, so I can't tell.

If it changes at least one file which I also changed, they are not compatible, but must be combined. If it changes other files, the Austria mod is compatible with my alterations.

Kensai

Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:51 pm

XTRG wrote:Would this be compatiable with the Austrian unification of Germany mod?

Austrian unification mod designer here. There should be no problem afair. :)
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

Return to “Pride of Nations”