IoannVasil'evich
Civilian

Pride of Nations steam version missing music

Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:52 am

I purchased the Steam version of Pride of Nations and it only seems to contain the US-specific music tracks, i.e. it's missing all other nation-specific music. Would it be possible for a patch with the remaining music files to be made available?

Pocus

Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:21 am

Yes you are right, and this is quite weird, we are checking what went awry and we will change that. Very much thanks for spotting that! :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:37 am

Maybe Slitherine wants to do like Paradox:
becoming a Steam company and sell here the games in a frankenstein dlc way. :sourcil:
(it was the end of Paradox, for me, I've never bought anything since)

Pocus

Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:48 pm

No, this is a mistake! :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

eternal_empire
Civilian

Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:38 am

Sorry for bumping an old thread but I purchased this game last month (my first AGEOD) and this is still an issue with the Steam version. Is this issue still being looked into or is there a fix I have otherwise missed on the forum? I think I could add some music myself but it's quite time consuming and would rather have the original music which I could add to rather than starting from scratch (only Aida and P&C as general music in current Steam version). Thanks.

Erostratus
Corporal

Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:05 am

eternal_empire wrote:Sorry for bumping an old thread but I purchased this game last month (my first AGEOD) and this is still an issue with the Steam version. Is this issue still being looked into or is there a fix I have otherwise missed on the forum? I think I could add some music myself but it's quite time consuming and would rather have the original music which I could add to rather than starting from scratch (only Aida and P&C as general music in current Steam version). Thanks.

Not to sound like an arse, as you should get what you paid for, but I will be honest and tell you that you will tire of the music in the game rather quickly. There aren't too many tracks and they I believe are freeware and the recordings are weak, at least to a snob like myself :) . Could I suggest if possible getting/using a pandora account. I would start by making a mozart channel and then adding a few other composers of the time. Wagner, Handel, Mendelssohn, Tchaikovsky at least in the early years. When you get more into the later eras there is debussay, and eric satie. There tons more options then the original track, just giving you ideas.

Return to “Pride of Nations”