Pocus

New public beta patch underway (upd: Jan24)

Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:57 am

Hi gents,

Just a quick word to indicate that there will be a new patch this week-end. The display bug that plagued the previous public beta patch has been fixed past week-end, but I waited until now as I wanted to clear up some issues on CW2/EAW that would benefit PON as well. Today, there will be 2 public beta patches (EAW and CW2) and this will follow by the PON one on Saturday probably. Ageod week-end, woot-woot :wacko:

Don't hesitate to support us and support PON by playing CW2 and EAW and posting your experience (on others forums as well!) . Any word of mouth (positive are preferred :confused: ) is good. And if you wonder, it is slightly better for us to buy at Ageod compared to others outlets!

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Egg Bub
Major

Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:24 am

Awesome news!

Kensai

Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:35 am

Super news! Hat trick! :hat:
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

V for Vegas
Corporal

Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:05 pm

I am just blown away that you guys are still supporting this game in your spare time. Seriously, just awesome. Thank you so much.

steelwarrior77
Colonel

Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:25 pm

Awsome - love it ;-)

jscott991
Lieutenant

Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:47 pm

Great news.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:14 pm

I have said it before, and I will say it again, you Ageod folks are the best!

What a wonderful gift for the holidays!

uglyr
Private

Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:21 pm

But I hoped to do something useful during my monday vacation... :confused: and now it seems like I'll sit all the day long playing PON!

Let's hope I have enough willpower to resist temptation.

P.S. Guys you are the best! :thumbsup:

ajnatalo
Sergeant

Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:13 am

This is exactly what I have been waiting for. Got my dad CW2 for his birthday by the way. He's retiring soon so I expect him to become the newest AGEOD convert.

Matto
Colonel

Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:14 am

Great!!!
Napoleon days in Austerlitz 2011 - photo gallery
My Czech pages agout AGEOD: AGEOD games, RoP AAR - Prussian side
My AGEOD games: WoN, TYW, EAW, CW2, AJE, PoN, NCP, ROP Gold, RUS Gold and BOA2

Pocus

Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:16 pm

Patch 1.04 release candidate 3 is now online in the "Help Improve" subforum. Full readme will follow within 12 hours, as there is some backlog to wade through...

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Silent Disapproval Robot
Conscript

Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:04 am

Great news. Thanks Pocus!

Hopefully I can finally beat the stupid Khivans now. Their damned army just keeps regenerating. I think they're zombies. They're only 18,000 strong but they've already managed to kill 140,000 Russians. I knock off 10,000 of them, they run, and then they're back up to full strength one turn later even though they're in my territory and have no source of supply. I don't get it.

uglyr
Private

Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:18 am

Silent Disapproval Robot wrote:Great news. Thanks Pocus!

Hopefully I can finally beat the stupid Khivans now. Their damned army just keeps regenerating. I think they're zombies. They're only 18,000 strong but they've already managed to kill 140,000 Russians. I knock off 10,000 of them, they run, and then they're back up to full strength one turn later even though they're in my territory and have no source of supply. I don't get it.

Hehehe... I solved this problem by reaching colonial status before war event. Now their army is mine!

Silent Disapproval Robot
Conscript

Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:16 am

The unit data graphics still don't show up with this new patch.

czert2
Brigadier General

Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:00 pm

ty very much for this patch. :thumbsup:

czert2
Brigadier General

Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:03 pm

Silent Disapproval Robot wrote:Great news. Thanks Pocus!

These "tribal" nations have special rule to reinforcment - same way as rebels do - you have to kill whole units to get rid of them, if you only damage that elements they are automaticaly at full strenght next turn. And if you cant kill 18k khivans with 100k+ soviets....you REALY do something wrong. Which generals you use ? Dont you have CP penalty ? what inf techs you have ?

Silent Disapproval Robot
Conscript

Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:54 pm

No CP penalty. My stack requires 43 CP and my general has 48. We fight, I win a "victory" in which I take more casualties than the Khivans. They retreat and rebuild to full strength and I die off slowly due to attrition and weather. I have a supply depot one province away and regular convoy of wagons going back and forth but moving just the one province over to attack the Khivans takes forever, kills my supply and my cohesion so I have to spend 3-4 turns recovering and spending all my money on reinforcements only to have the same thing happen every time I attack.

I've built colonial roads up as much as I can in all the provinces but it still takes forever to get anywhere. I made up an army of nothing but Cossack cavalry and another of Russian cavalry to try and keep up but they're no better. The Khivans always manage to retreat. I tried surrounding the Khivans by placing forces in neighbouring provinces so the Khivans would have no place to retreat but my armies run out of supply.

uglyr
Private

Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:22 pm

Silent Disapproval Robot wrote:No CP penalty. My stack requires 43 CP and my general has 48. We fight, I win a "victory" in which I take more casualties than the Khivans. They retreat and rebuild to full strength and I die off slowly due to attrition and weather. I have a supply depot one province away and regular convoy of wagons going back and forth but moving just the one province over to attack the Khivans takes forever, kills my supply and my cohesion so I have to spend 3-4 turns recovering and spending all my money on reinforcements only to have the same thing happen every time I attack.

I remember myself like this.
Some advice:
1. It's better to make them colony before event. It's quite possible if you prioritise this. When you make them colony their army become yours, so instead of heavy losses you get cool army with 0 CP need and level 3 general.

2. IF you can't make them colony before event or decide to fight by any other reason - don't rush attack. Build depot (not just one depot in Khiva but stable path of depots to capital), leave some garrison, move to next province, build depot, leave some garrison, move to next province,... If time to travel is more than 15 days - take a breath. Move one turn, rest 1-2 turns to regain cohension, move next turn. They also have penalty to attack, so if you occupy all provinces with some garrison they won't attack and will sit in Afganistan.

Pocus

Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:39 am

Well this is probably an oversight, tribals were not meant to recover men anywhere under any condition. I have added a simple one, they need 25% MC at least. This will help rationalize things.

Egg Bub
Major

Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:00 pm

RC4 is now up! :D

Return to “Pride of Nations”