jscott991
Lieutenant

How to Earn State Money

Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:57 pm

I've read the economic strategy guide. I've read a few AARs (although the few as France aren't all that helpful and this seems to vary a lot depending on your country choice). But I still can't figure out how to earn state money. I think I have a good handle on private capital, but what are the tricks and strategies to earning state money?

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:35 pm

read this
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

jscott991
Lieutenant

Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:13 pm

Thanks!

Did you mean the whole AAR or just a post in particular (it loaded on a battle at Thessalonika)?

Arakash
Conscript

Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:17 pm

loki100 wrote:read this

Im not the OP but thanks for the link anyway, that was an interesting breakdown of your economy.

Couple of interesting things, like the fact that the tariff penalty to relations didnt kick in until 50%. (As Japan i was worried about getting further relations penalties.)
Also you seemed to follow the same strategy i was using in my Japan game, a focus on Luxury and the Excise tax to raise state funds. (Though in my case i also had Silk to produce)
Anyway, interesting stuff.

czert2
Brigadier General

Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:23 pm

well, best way to earn state money are TAXES TAXES TAXES :) and to earn them, well the more you sell on internal market and/or sell to other countries the more money you have to taxe :)

Jim-NC

Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:19 am

I would say taxes for any country other than the USA. They have more gold than they know what to do with, and can mint state funds from that (you have to be careful, and only do it every 3rd turn or so). Thus they can support a 0% tax policy with only making gold into state funds.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kensai

Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:42 pm

Unfortunately in the long run the game is unbalanced as far as state funds and capital go. I wish there were some events that automatically decreased hoarding of money. All in all, PON has a sound basis for its economic game, but needs some trimming for the long campaigns.
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

Return to “Pride of Nations”