Kaiser85
Private

Sea units replacement

Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:13 pm

After a war, some screw corvettes were totally destroyed, so that now in a squadron of 4 ships for example, I have 2 ships instead of 4.
The squadron is in Hamburg, which has a level 14 naval base, it is in a passive posture and the base is correctly supplied, but the replacement of these missing 2 ships is not going to start.
Another squadron of merchant ships instead, was correctly filled with missing ships. What's the problem?

Tazmaniacs
Private

Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:36 pm

Did you check the F3 replacement pool screen?

Do not forget to click not only on your flag, but also on the blank cases as you may have ships' replacement there (I had those & colonial forces in blank cases).

My 2 cents....

Jim-NC

Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:42 pm

Do you have the correct replacement chits? There are different ones for different ships (I don't remember the exact name, but it will be similar to heavy, light, coastal, and transport). You may be missing the replacements you need.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kaiser85
Private

Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:04 pm

I checked and re-checked on f3 screen. It looks like there's not need of ships to replace, everything is at 0, both prussian as well as not prussian units or blank cases.
Is maybe the problem because this squadron is part of a big fleet with other squadrons? Should I detach it in a single fleet maybe?

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:32 pm

I think that the issue of actually replacing a lost element has a random part to the calculation. I certainly only found it happened reliably when I had a lot of the relevant replacement chits, otherwise, even with land units, it could take a year or more to happen.

So it may just be you have only a few chits (which I'd suspect is plausible early on), you're just being unlucky at the moment
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

Jim-NC

Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:20 am

The 0 is a bit misleading. It means that the units you have don't need replacements, but it doesn't take into account the fact that you are missing whole elements. So all the elements you have on the map are at full health, but doesn't show that you are down 2 or 3 elements from your potential.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kaiser85
Private

Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:51 pm

Jim-NC wrote:The 0 is a bit misleading. It means that the units you have don't need replacements, but it doesn't take into account the fact that you are missing whole elements. So all the elements you have on the map are at full health, but doesn't show that you are down 2 or 3 elements from your potential.

Totally correct and the red indicator is also showing that some ships are missing. I tried to move this group on different harbor/navale base, but nothing changed :/

Jim-NC

Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:46 pm

I would say then you should post your save game. We can take a look at it then. See if we can see something different.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kaiser85
Private

Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:11 pm

here it's
[ATTACH]29782[/ATTACH]
Attachments
1850 Seria.rar
(1.96 MiB) Downloaded 175 times

Tazmaniacs
Private

Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:28 pm

I was thinking, would having (or, in this case, not having) an open shipyard have some influence on this?

Shipyards do replace full ships, according to yearly messages.

Jim-NC

Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:48 am

Kaiser85, which version of the game are you using?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ebbingford

Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:56 am

If you are playing with hardened attrition on then you also need a depot, as well as being in the "green" passive posture IIRC.
"Umbrellas will not be opened in the presence of the enemy." Duke of Wellington before the Battle of Waterloo, 1815.

"Top hats will not be worn in the Eighth Army" Field-Marshal Viscount Montgomery of Alamein K.G.

Kaiser85
Private

Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:34 am

Jim-NC wrote:Kaiser85, which version of the game are you using?

1.03e

Kaiser85
Private

Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:35 am

Ebbingford wrote:If you are playing with hardened attrition on then you also need a depot, as well as being in the "green" passive posture IIRC.

about posture, it's on passive, but there's no depot, I'll try move it in another province with a depot.

epaminondas
Colonel

Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:31 pm

Is the squadron a captured one by any chance, Kaiser? I've had trouble replacing units in that instance.

Kaiser85
Private

Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:44 pm

epaminondas wrote:Is the squadron a captured one by any chance, Kaiser? I've had trouble replacing units in that instance.

Net! It's mine, built in my shipyard. I have noticed that 1 of 2 remaining ships, has been replaced with an updated ironclad warship. So, now I have a wooden screw warship and an ironclad warship; it should replace remaining two ship (other ironclades), but it does not happen.

epaminondas
Colonel

Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:03 pm

Ahh. Is it possible that you've teched up to a point where screw corvettes are obsolete and therefore unbuildable? In that case the system might be building ironclads to replace the existing screw corvettes, but since the lost ones aren't there to be replaced is not being required to 'fill out' the formation.

Kaiser85
Private

Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:20 pm

epaminondas wrote:Ahh. Is it possible that you've teched up to a point where screw corvettes are obsolete and therefore unbuildable? In that case the system might be building ironclads to replace the existing screw corvettes, but since the lost ones aren't there to be replaced is not being required to 'fill out' the formation.

I really don't know, it's a possibility. If I'm not wrong, screw corvettes should be obsolete, but it's still possible to construct them :confused: Another option, but I don't know if it is the case, is that, maybe I don't have enough ironclades on pool of construction? I mean, not in f3, but when you press military construction button.

czert2
Brigadier General

Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:32 pm

to my experince having 20%+ replacement of total forces realy help with replacing. having depot here is very nice to have too. And as you writed - you have here shipyard - so it help too (but minimaly for replacment you need harbor).
And replacing ships with more modern versions dont create problem - you lack unith there - he get replaced.
As first option increase replacement and if you can build depot. If it dont help...well no much ideas left.
In worst case you can disband that unit and build new, more modern :) .

Kaiser85
Private

Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:55 am

I concluded that is not a supply, depot problem and I have another "exotic" theory; the actually replaced ship is an "ironclad warship 60MLR guns"; due to I don't actually have possibility to construct this kind of ship (I'm in late 1865 and I can build ironclad frigate, ironclad, ironclad gunboat, but not ironclad warship), I think that I have discovered something like "theory of ironclad warship" tech, so my technician have construct a prototipe of this ship which after has been used to replace 1 of my 3 destroyed ships. :mdr:
I know it, it's an impossible theory, but I don't see other possbility...

Return to “Pride of Nations”