Lemoni
Sergeant

Elements attributes

Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:36 pm

In the elements attributes panel the first icons give information when you hover the mouse over (long range attack , defence etc) But the 3 or 2 last ones don't.
Anyone know what are these icons?

Kensai

Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:57 pm

The last two should be damage (in hitpoints) and damage (in cohesion). The 3rd from the right, I don't recall without firing the game to check.

πχ εδώ βλέπεις το Δέκατο Τρίτο Σύνταγμα Πεζικού από το Α' Σώμα Στρατού (που μόλις άρχισα να σχηματίζω ;) :thumbsup:
(γιατί μου βγάζει 0 σ'εκείνο που ρωτάς όμως δεν θυμάμαι ;)

Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:25 pm

1 - is the fire value by range if you are the attacker
2 - fire value by range if you are the defender
3 - is range within each category - tells you what range value you need to be able to take part in that phase (but some units are capped so as not to take part at the longest range). Your particular unit may have a higher range value which then determines who fires first in a given range duel
5 - rate of fire
6 - a wee bit of a mystery without the game open
7 - damage inflicted in terms of losses
8 - damage inflicted in terms of cohesion (so you inflict more cohesion in the close range phase)

In effect the numbers on the LHS are good averages for a units overall value but the detail on the right hand side shows how these vary according to range. You'll see some late war units (such as the super-dreadnoughts) are awesome at range but pretty mediocre closer in, so their average stats are so so, but if you group them into a balanced fleet they will hand out a lot of damage before the enemy can even respond. At the other end of the scale, tanks do immense cohesion damage in the close range phase, much less at range - so sometimes the averages are rather misleading (and its the average used to calculate the shown combat value)
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

Lemoni
Sergeant

Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:11 pm

Thanks for the replies! Tanks,dreadnoughts... I hope someday I will reach this era... The furthest I have reached a GC is 1873 .

enf91
AGEod Veteran

Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:50 pm

The mystery column is penetration. I'm not sure what it does; it may negate protection. I've never seen any units other than ships have non-0 values.

Kensai

Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:12 pm

Hm, I must read the logs in a naval battle. Perhaps it has to do with armor-piercing ammunition indeed. This theory that it negates protection seems valid.
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

Return to “Pride of Nations”