Pocus

1.03d quickfix for Pride of Nations, Vainglory of Empires

Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:17 am

Hi,

Here is a new quickfix. Quickfix means it is not all inclusive, so you need to have installed version 1.03 before. Ongoing games are compatible with the quickfix.

Gameplay change

If a colonial region is of same ethnic as your main ethnic, has 100% loyalty and 95% or more colonial penetration, then it will switch to 'non colonial status'. This status will itself transform to national status if the region can link to your capital by land, otherwise it will stay in 'non national, non colonial status'

You can now lose several points a turn if your national morale is above 100. Chances depend of how high you are compared to the baseline of 100.The cap is 10 points a turn.

Fixes
A unit can now replace more than one element of same family per turn, if the nation owning it have the proper faction modifier. Before, the modifier worked only for different families.

Region decision test NeedThisStrucAttribAny was testing only against your own attributes, not the ones of any nation/faction in the region.

Data
Several files had some errors fixed thanks to Lafrite excellent tool (which is available to anybody asking for it). These files are:1880 VGN Natives Raids.sct, SPA 1880 Events.sct, VGN Natives Raids.sct, ITA Events.sct, SPA Events.sct

Link:
http://downloads.ageod-forum.com/Quickfix_PON_1.03d.zip

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Kensai

Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:21 am

Huge thanks, as always! :w00t:

One note, though, although the new colonial algorithm is genius, it might have NOT fixed my Japanese issue after the Boshin War, would it? As these were my old lands, I would have had 0%CP... It might not have been a problem though, soon enough with the Japanese colonial actions (1874) I could have pushed CP updwards until I reunited them to the homeland. So I guess fixed!

PS. Is it normal that when the game starts it says v1.03d QF?
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:27 pm

thanks for this ... as ever.

I've put in a link on the Paradox forum for those who don't visit the AGEOD forums on a regular basis

Egg Bub
Major

Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:27 pm

It's great to see another quickfix, but can anyone tell me whether there will be negative consequences to my S-P Great Britain campaign. E.g. will all my governors' residences disappear etc.?

Kensai

Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:36 am

If the changes are already implemented (you had installed v1.03c and continued) yes. If not, no, as the new algorithm is much stricter. Losing residences and other colonial building is an unfortunate side effect but heralds the end of colonial time in that region, as it becomes almost-national soil.
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:40 pm

Thank you, Pocus, especially when you are so busy.

As far as I can tell, it works!

jsgtnby
Conscript

Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:36 am

Pocus, you are the man! I appreciate your hard work and precious, limited time dedicated to this great game. And I appreciate everyone else helping make this game even better, I know Kensai and others are pitching in. Everyone's work and time is much appreciated. Sign me up for an advance copy of AACW2 and pretty much any game ya make!

P.S. IMHO, if you didn't buy from AGEOD, you probably didn't get your money's worth.

Random
AGEod Veteran

Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:12 am

Thank you for this. Torn between starting a new GC or carrying on my French campaign that just passed the 500-turn mark. What to do?

Sir Garnet

Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:55 pm

Random wrote:Thank you for this. Torn between starting a new GC or carrying on my French campaign that just passed the 500-turn mark. What to do?

If you got to 500 you should keep going!

Anyone who has installed 1.03d able to report results/difficulties?

Sir Garnet

Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:30 am

Is there an update log that indicates the actions performed/files added or something akin to that?

Pocus

Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:04 pm

your best bet if you want to be comprehensive is to ask Windows to list all files in PON, and then sort by date of change.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Sir Garnet

Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:04 am

I was poking around trying to find out why Parana trade region countries can't sell as they did in an earlier fix.

Before I comment, I want to confirms that we are not intended to install fixes a, b, and c before d?

After installing d on top of clean 1.03, there appear to be files in d older than c and which don't include fixes that were in before b.

These are areas.ini and tradeareas.ini. I have not checked other files since doing Word redlines is time consuming enough for files I know were at issue in the past without trying to screen everything.

The older file correctly adds Bamako to $Colony_Mali Area#584 (of which it is the historical and current capital) and removes it from Niger (Area#588). Also, since Ghaydah is Yemenese it should NOT be in Oman#103 or Oman#641 and should be in Yemen#104 and Yemen#642.

The files I have from before 1.03b patch file and the 1.03c file have Bamako and Ghaydah in the right countries. Oddly, the 1.03d does not. I include the corrected entries below.

Similarly, the West/East Persia fix is not in 1.03d, where the capital in West Persia has no sea access but East Persia does. It was previously fixed in the tradeareas.ini I have in my pre-1.03b.

// Area #103
{Area}
UID = $Area_Oman
Name = Area_Oman
Hierarchy = 0
ListParams = $Mascate|$Sur|$Duqm|$Salalah|
{/Area}

// Area #104
{Area}
UID = $Area_Yemen
Name = Area_Yemen
Hierarchy = 0
ListParams = $Mukalla|$Sanaa|$Hoedeida|$Taiz|$Aden|$Hadramut|$Ghaydah|
{/Area}

// Area #584
{Area}
UID = $Colony_Mali
Name = Colony_Mali
Hierarchy = -1
ListParams = $Taoudenni|$Timbuktu|$Gao|$Tessalit|$Jenne|$Sikasso|$Nioro|$Kita|$Dinguiray|$Bamako|$Segu|
{/Area}

// Area #588
{Area}
UID = $Colony_Niger
Name = Colony_Niger
Hierarchy = -1
ListParams = $Niamey|$Dosso|$Arlit|$Maradi|$Zinder|$Agadez|$Madama|$Bilma|$Kuje|
{/Area}

$Trade_WestPersia|$Indian Ocean Maritime Trade
$Trade_EastPersia|-1

None of this sheds light on the Paran trade incompletion issue but seems a straightforward correction.

Thanks!

Sir Garnet

Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:26 am

I was poking around trying to find out why Parana trade region countries can't sell as they did in an earlier fix.

Before I comment, I want to confirms that we are not intended to install fixes a, b, and c before d?

After installing d on top of clean 1.03, there appear to be files in d older than c and which don't include fixes that were in before b.

One is areas.ini. I have not checked other files except the tradeareas.

The older file correctly adds Bamako to $Colony_Mali Area#584 (of which it is the historical and current capital) and removes it from Niger (Area#588). Also, since Ghaydah is Yemenese it should NOT be in Oman#103 or Oman#641 and should be in Yemen#104 and Yemen#642.

The files I have from before 1.03b patch file and the 1.03c file have Bamako and Ghaydah in the right countries. Oddly, the 1.03d does not. I include the corrected entries below.

// Area #103
{Area}
UID = $Area_Oman
Name = Area_Oman
Hierarchy = 0
ListParams = $Mascate|$Sur|$Duqm|$Salalah|
{/Area}

// Area #104
{Area}
UID = $Area_Yemen
Name = Area_Yemen
Hierarchy = 0
ListParams = $Mukalla|$Sanaa|$Hoedeida|$Taiz|$Aden|$Hadramut|$Ghaydah|
{/Area}

// Area #584
{Area}
UID = $Colony_Mali
Name = Colony_Mali
Hierarchy = -1
ListParams = $Taoudenni|$Timbuktu|$Gao|$Tessalit|$Jenne|$Sikasso|$Nioro|$Kita|$Dinguiray|$Bamako|$Segu|
{/Area}

// Area #588
{Area}
UID = $Colony_Niger
Name = Colony_Niger
Hierarchy = -1
ListParams = $Niamey|$Dosso|$Arlit|$Maradi|$Zinder|$Agadez|$Madama|$Bilma|$Kuje|
{/Area}

None of this sheds light on the Parana trade incompletion issue but seems a straightforward correction.

Pocus

Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:50 am

Indeed, only add 1.03 and then latest quickfix

This is not intended to have 'retrograded' the areas, there must have been a file version problem. Can you send me to pocus@ageod.net the file you are using that is fixing the issue?

Bart
Private

Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:45 pm

I have a little problem with the 1.03d update, with the rule of making a colonial region with 100%loyaulty a national territory (or something like that...).

Playing France, I'm not able to make the colonial decision exploration party or geographic party to the south part of French Guyana (because it becomes a non territorial part of France and no more a colonial land?)

Is there a event who discovers this part of the land?

Have a good week-end.

Bart
Private

Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:56 pm

I have the same problem with Russia in Alaska and with France in the south part of Algeria direction of Tamanrasset!

Someone can help me?

Soulstrider
Major

Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:23 am

I installed the quickfix but after it the game has always been crashing here once I pass the turn

01:17:56 (Reporting) All gamesim data loaded in: 14726 ms
01:17:56 (Reporting) Host: Starting AIs.
01:17:56 [Critical ] TAIAgent.GetDefinition Erroneous DefUID HostUID 100702

Kensai

Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:48 am

Bart wrote:I have a little problem with the 1.03d update, with the rule of making a colonial region with 100%loyaulty a national territory (or something like that...).

Playing France, I'm not able to make the colonial decision exploration party or geographic party to the south part of French Guyana (because it becomes a non territorial part of France and no more a colonial land?)

Is there a event who discovers this part of the land?

Have a good week-end.

I believe the Amazon is being explored by scripted events, not actions. But I am not really sure. One workaround could be to have passage rights from a nearby friendly colony and use them there.

Bart, you want to join our MP game?

Soulstrider wrote:I installed the quickfix but after it the game has always been crashing here once I pass the turn

No idea. Was it a clean install? Try it in a different directory following the correct order. Game, v1.03, eventual patch (now d).
Großdeutschland Mod

Kensai

Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:48 am

Kensai wrote:I believe the Amazon is being explored by scripted events, not actions. But I am not really sure. One workaround could be to have passage rights from a nearby friendly colony and use them there.

Soulstrider wrote:I installed the quickfix but after it the game has always been crashing here once I pass the turn

No idea. Was it a clean install?
Großdeutschland Mod

Bart
Private

Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:27 pm

Ok I will waiting so! Yes I would like I've just registred on the paradox forum to contact you as sit was said on the other post

Soulstrider
Major

Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:28 pm

Kensai wrote:I believe the Amazon is being explored by scripted events, not actions. But I am not really sure. One workaround could be to have passage rights from a nearby friendly colony and use them there.

No idea. Was it a clean install? Try it in a different directory following the correct order. Game, v1.03, eventual patch (now d).

It was clean, It had v1.03c when installed unless it's normal to enter in conflict with quickfix C.

Edit:Started a new game with another faction and it worked, dunno maybe the save game was corrupted or something or maybe there are some cases where the save game isn't compatible.

Soulstrider
Major

Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:07 pm

Weird it seems loaded an early turn and the game went fine until it reached that turn again. Going to start a new campaign.

squidelica
Sergeant

Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:15 am

does this include the 3 fixes for the 1880 campaign?

Return to “Pride of Nations”