SetonHallPirate
Private

Any way to play this game in all-computer (simulation) mode?

Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:22 pm

Thanks...wanted to make sure before I purchased the game!

Kensai

Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:28 am

Had asked the same in the past. There should be a command in the console. This is actually the way the developers check everything runs smoothly and balanced.
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

SetonHallPirate
Private

Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:53 am

Thanks Kensai...game purchased.

Now, once it's downloaded and everything, how do I actually "play" the game that way? Is it a matter of just not selecting a country, or starting the game with a country, opening up the cheat console, and actually typing in a command, and what is that command?

Edit to add: I found the "cheat" console, but what's the command I type in?

Kensai

Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:19 pm

This will help anyone interested. I wish I could make it run indefinitely and watch the results in 1920! :p
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:

SetonHallPirate
Private

Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:47 pm

Kensai wrote:This will help anyone interested. I wish I could make it run indefinitely and watch the results in 1920! :p

Thanks! Got it to work!

SetonHallPirate
Private

Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:30 am

Now that I looked further, the AI is planning for the "human" faction, but it's not acting out any of those plans. Help?

Pocus

Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:37 am

autoturn makes the game runs by itself

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Kensai

Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:43 am

SetonHallPirate wrote:Now that I looked further, the AI is planning for the "human" faction, but it's not acting out any of those plans. Help?

Make sure your game settings are set for the AI to "take over" when there are no human orders. If not, perhaps the old human faction remains human, meaning submitting no orders.
Großdeutschland Mod

SetonHallPirate
Private

Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:29 am

Kensai wrote:Make sure your game settings are set for the AI to "take over" when there are no human orders. If not, perhaps the old human faction remains human, meaning submitting no orders.

Where is that option? I can't seem to find it.

Kensai

Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:25 am

Add this line in the General file in the Settings folder:

Code: Select all

aiDoTakeOver       = 1    // 1 for the AI to take over nations without orders

I believe that by default the game takes over, but just in case!
Großdeutschland Mod

SetonHallPirate
Private

Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:32 am

Still not working. Like I said, the AI is generating the files to make the "human" moves, it's just not carrying them out. Help?

Kensai

Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:40 pm

Go to the Settings subfolder and check all the options carefully. There is treasure of options in there, some are specific for the AI and how it works. Remember that for the AI to take over you should NOT submit orders. Now, as you save, orders are written over so this is kind of difficult. To test my theory please use the control panel and type SwitchFaction to something neutral (like Switzerland!) before firing up the simulator for the first time. To have even lesser impact you can switch to Liberia in Africa.
Großdeutschland Mod

SetonHallPirate
Private

Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:34 am

Kensai wrote:Go to the Settings subfolder and check all the options carefully. There is treasure of options in there, some are specific for the AI and how it works. Remember that for the AI to take over you should NOT submit orders. Now, as you save, orders are written over so this is kind of difficult. To test my theory please use the control panel and type SwitchFaction to something neutral (like Switzerland!) before firing up the simulator for the first time. To have even lesser impact you can switch to Liberia in Africa.

The problem with the faction switch is you get the annoying "suchandsuch save file does not exist" every turn, interrupting the autorun.

SetonHallPirate
Private

Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:34 am

Finally got what I was trying to do to work...turned off "rulNoTurnFileForAI" and "rulNoOrderFileForAI", and that did the trick!

Kensai

Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:45 pm

Good to know. Thanks for sharing! Onward, let us know if your game went fluently up to 1920! :p
Großdeutschland Mod

Return to “Pride of Nations”