Pocus

PON 1.03b quickfix

Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:41 pm

Dear players,

Here is a quickfix patch to Pride of Nations 1.03. Being a quickfix, you need to have 1.03 installed before installing this 1.03a, as this is not an all inclusive patch since PON 1.00.

We will do our best to fix and enhance the game, little by little every month (or even every fortnight, if a new problem arise).

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/temp/Quickfix_PON_1.03b.zip

Data

-Fixed wrong parameters for Education modifiers on the tech tree.
-Added new modifiers on the tech tree based on more faction attributes.
-Fixed problem with german multinational abilities that were not working properly.
-Changed Move Ratio for Coastal Artillery Battalion, Fortress Artillery Regiment & Fortress Batteries to allow a slow movement of these units (before it was forbidden).
- Some minor nations will initially be unorganized (and will switch to minor later), so that craftmen production gears up only progressively.

Code

fixed bug where defender would not lose a battle if in CS defender present
Canal rights should now work in all cases now

version 1.03a is deprecated

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Matto
Colonel

Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:58 pm

Napoleon days in Austerlitz 2011 - photo gallery
My Czech pages agout AGEOD: AGEOD games, RoP AAR - Prussian side
My AGEOD games: WoN, TYW, EAW, CW2, AJE, PoN, NCP, ROP Gold, RUS Gold and BOA2

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:38 pm

thank you, especially for making fortress guns moveable

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

PON 1.03a quickfix

Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:06 pm

Pocus,

You are magnificent! Once again Ageod demonstrates a level of care and support that no one else provides.

Thank you!

De_Spinoza
Lieutenant

Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:57 pm

Thanks!

Pocus

Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:19 am

@Matto: The scenario file has not been modified, as it is part of the DLC (and we can not propose the DLC), but all the fixes that have been done from turn 1 to 2, like changing rulers etc. are in, yes!

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Ironchancellor
Sergeant

Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:21 pm

Hello ive just downloaded the quickfix patch. When you load up the game does the number at the bottom right hand side suppose to show that its 1.03a. Because at the moment it still shows as 1.03. And when i first loaded the game it crashed but its working the second time but it still shows as 1.03. Hope someone can clarify on this so i can tell its downloaded properly thanks for any help.

BandC
Conscript

Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:47 am

Thanks a lot for the hotfix. Will this be uploaded to Steam?

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:18 am

PON was working perfectly before i applied the patch. Now, when I end turn in late Feb, 1882, I get an error message, then the game crashes to the desktop after a few seconds. I cannot play the game now, at least with the 1880 save game I was using. I was able to end the previous turn successfully, but no more. Any help would be greatly appreciated

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:20 am

vaalen wrote:PON was working perfectly before i applied the patch. Now, when I end turn in late Feb, 1882, I get an error message, then the game crashes to the desktop after a few seconds. I cannot play the game now, at least with the 1880 save game I was using. I was able to end the previous turn successfully, but no more. Any help would be greatly appreciated

I applied this hotfix over the hotfix Generalissimo provided for the 1880 SOI problem. I wonder if that had anything to do with it?

Pocus

Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:29 pm

An error of us, about the version number sorry.

Steam don't support hotfixes, they only allow all inclusive patches.

Paul Roberts

Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:49 pm

Great to see a quickfix!

Is there a comprehensive Readme for all changes since release? I don't see one installed.

Also, do we install DLC before patches?

Paul Roberts

Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:23 am

It does appear that the two files in the hotfix have been updated for the patch. After 1.03a, their datestamps are later than the ones included in the hotfix you've linked.

Maybe Pocus or Fernando can confirm this. I'm just going by the file dates.

BandC
Conscript

Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:14 am

I see. So would you recommend applying this hot fix over a Steam install (overwriting files) since we don't know when an official Steam update will be?

Pocus wrote:An error of us, about the version number sorry.

Steam don't support hotfixes, they only allow all inclusive patches.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:05 am

BandC wrote: would you recommend applying this hot fix over a Steam install

He would (but won't) recommand you to buy again the game on their site: it's without such drm boring for patches, and it would bring him money the more.
http://www.ageod.com/fr/jeux-ageod/1-gloire-des-nations.html

or on GamersGate if you want to pay (again) less (and I'll explain you how to remove very easily the dull Gg drm of the game install'):
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-PON/pride-of-nations

Pocus

Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:28 pm

vaalen wrote:PON was working perfectly before i applied the patch. Now, when I end turn in late Feb, 1882, I get an error message, then the game crashes to the desktop after a few seconds. I cannot play the game now, at least with the 1880 save game I was using. I was able to end the previous turn successfully, but no more. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Can you please post the saved game?

Pocus

Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:15 pm

please check the thread called CTD, thanks.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:24 pm

Pocus wrote:Can you please post the saved game?

Pocus, the problem I had was exactly the same problem described int he ctd thread you mentioned in your next comment. I will send you a save game if the fix you posted in the ctd thread does not work. Ah, thsi means I must got through turning off all those US industries again while the economy builds up. No matter,I am grateful for the apparent fix.

czert2
Brigadier General

Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:11 pm

I will love to add "anti ping pong" rule - if same enemy units gets defeaded every turn for more than 5/6 turn by 2x or more powerfull enemy, then they will autodisband (flee to fields) - no one like to beat again and again (aka killing annoing partisans rule), even chasing them with cavaly only units dont work (killing them on fleeing/retreating).

BandC
Conscript

Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:10 am

I actually already bought the game TWICE. First on GamersGate with all the DLC and then again on Steam with all the DLCs. I honestly prefer Steam's auto-update to GamersGate manual update (and sucky GG website to be honest). I also wanted to support AGEOD. So it would be nice if these updates were auto-applied for Steam as well. Frankly, I don't see the difference between calling it 1.03a and 1.04. If it means Steam will auto-update, call it 1.04 and make it a new patch (I realize people with ongoing games may not like this if new patch breaks saves).

ERISS wrote:He would (but won't) recommand you to buy again the game on their site: it's without such drm boring for patches, and it would bring him money the more.
http://www.ageod.com/fr/jeux-ageod/1-gloire-des-nations.html

or on GamersGate if you want to pay (again) less (and I'll explain you how to remove very easily the dull Gg drm of the game install'):
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-PON/pride-of-nations

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:28 am

BandC wrote:I honestly prefer Steam's auto-update to GamersGate manual update (and sucky GG website to be honest).

You don't need Gg website to update the game. You have to choose: else Steam without quickfixes nor beta patches, else manual updates with Gg game (you can manually with Steam, but that's more work).
So it would be nice if these updates were auto-applied for Steam as well. Frankly, I don't see the difference between calling it 1.03a and 1.04. If it means Steam will auto-update, call it 1.04 and make it a new patch.

That is added work for Ageod devs (and Steam) for a small patch (I think it would be boring being dependant asking each time for Steam..). Maybe you will finally prefer Gamersgate than Steam where you control less.
When irresponsability is chosen (letting your responsability under Steam drm), you discover you're no longer free (you can not patch as you want).

Pocus

Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:15 am

Please check first mail for version b that should prevent a saved game corruption.

Egg Bub
Major

Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:43 pm

I am still using 1.02h with my Great Britain GC, because I found the craftsman production of 1.03 ridiculous (I couldn't sell manufactured goods because south america was flooding the market). Can anyone tell me if this has been toned down significantly, since I have reached 1857 and the infamous GIN cavalry bug. Also I am trying to grow the British textile industry and become the global leader (as happened historically), so it would be handy to know whether this market is saturated as well. Thanks.

I know this is not the right thread but if you have ever seen a steel mill it is massive and can stretch on for 1 mile+, so I would suggest that craftsmen should not produce any steel at all. Furthermore, all major powers over-produce steel anyway so there is loads on the market and the price is driven down greatly. This would solve two problems in one go. :)

Pocus

Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:27 pm

Let me check with the relevant persons where we stand on craftmen.

Generalisimo

Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:52 pm

Egg Bub wrote:I am still using 1.02h with my Great Britain GC, because I found the craftsman production of 1.03 ridiculous (I couldn't sell manufactured goods because south america was flooding the market). Can anyone tell me if this has been toned down significantly, since I have reached 1857 and the infamous GIN cavalry bug. Also I am trying to grow the British textile industry and become the global leader (as happened historically), so it would be handy to know whether this market is saturated as well. Thanks.

I know this is not the right thread but if you have ever seen a steel mill it is massive and can stretch on for 1 mile+, so I would suggest that craftsmen should not produce any steel at all. Furthermore, all major powers over-produce steel anyway so there is loads on the market and the price is driven down greatly. This would solve two problems in one go. :)

Late in the game, the minors need the industrial goods just to survive (if not, they depend completely on the foreign market).
But, it is true that the small production in 1850 becomes a problem because the minors do not have anything to do with those resources... so, effectively, something that was created to solve a problem... creates a new problem early on.
So, we are working on a solution for this problem... the idea is to "delay" the craftsmen production on minors so it appears later in the GC, when these minors (specially South and Central America) have something to do with those resources so they do not overflow the market.
Since I had some personal problems last week, I do not think all the relevant files were included in this quickfix, so they will be included properly in 1.03c ;)
"History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon."
Napoleon Bonaparte

BOA-AAR: ¡Abajo el imperialismo Británico! (en español)

AGEOD Facebook Fanpage - news & screenshots about the upcoming games!

Kensai

Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:19 pm

Generalisimo, take your time, real life has priority. I had myself "house move" these last days and gaming and reporting bugs went to secondary place. It is normal. Thanks for all the hard work. :)
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

Egg Bub
Major

Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:22 pm

Generalisimo wrote:Late in the game, the minors need the industrial goods just to survive (if not, they depend completely on the foreign market).
But, it is true that the small production in 1850 becomes a problem because the minors do not have anything to do with those resources... so, effectively, something that was created to solve a problem... creates a new problem early on.
So, we are working on a solution for this problem... the idea is to "delay" the craftsmen production on minors so it appears later in the GC, when these minors (specially South and Central America) have something to do with those resources so they do not overflow the market.
Since I had some personal problems last week, I do not think all the relevant files were included in this quickfix, so they will be included properly in 1.03c ;)

It is good to hear that you are still working on this. :) Also, can anyone tell me whether steel is in demand later on in the game, because in my 1857 GC it is grossly overproduced.

Kensai

Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:42 pm

It is for every ship and structure. If you want to limit this "overproducing" try to use it as fast as possible... how? By helping the minor AI nations prosper sooner than later... free trade most of your goods, buying their stuff and reselling it, acting as the middleman. By setting your mercantile taxes to the correct level (relatively low) you will even make money out of it! ;)
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:

powloon1
Lieutenant

Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:23 am

I am a little confused with the quick fixes and I was wondering if you could shed some light. Was the initial problem caused by saving a game under the initial quickfix 1.03a which persisted even when the second quick fix 1.03b was installed?

I guess the main question I am asking is if I install 1.03b without having installed 1.03a will this avoid the CTD problems or am I best waiting for 1.03c?

Kensai

Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:24 am

Install v1.03b on top of v1.03. It should be safe. Only version a was reported to have issues.
Großdeutschland Mod

Return to “Pride of Nations”