ham
Private

Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:15 am

Is there new information?

Is the game based on AGE engine?

Pocus

Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:43 am

Indeed, the game is based on an heavily modified and improved version of the AGE engine, which is used in War in Americas in its latest incarnation.
The AGE engine has already a rather complete (some says complex ;) ) military module, and we are fleshing it with a ton of things, like commerce, industries, diplomacy ...

Stay tuned, the game is planned for this year, and the time is not that far where we would post screen shots, feature of the day threads, After action reports and such. I really long for the moment where we can at last show you all the things we are working on!

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Mr Bill
Corporal

Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:17 am

Pocus wrote: I really long for the moment where we can at last show you all the things we are working on!

Hehe, me too. :D *starts chanting* Screenshot! Screenshot! Screenshot! :neener:

Padreigh
Private
Location: Leinster; Grand Duchy of Berg; Kingdom of Westphalia (moving around a lot...)

Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:35 pm

After being disappointed by the WW1 game this might be just the game to restore my faith in AGEOD. :thumbsup:
Can't wait for an opportunity to stop those pesky Prussians from usurping my home country (if minor countries can be chosen). :dada:

GlobalExplorer
AGEod Veteran

Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:11 pm

Pocus wrote:I really long for the moment where we can at last show you all the things we are working on!

*pulls pocus in a dark corner*

"Then open your heart son, before than longing overburdens you!"

bbriley
Lieutenant

Ultimately...

Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:15 pm

GlobalExplorer wrote:*pulls pocus in a dark corner*

"Then open your heart son, before than longing overburdens you!"

A good response! However, the deepest longing in our hearts cannot be found in any game or any battle or any other thing we can purchase or possess, but only discovering who one truly is - an unassailable part of the Whole (i.e., the Atman or Soul).. (not that I have had anything but a tiny glimpse of that - in an experience some 25 years ago) - I still have too many barriers within my own mind to remove. But I keep working at that!

That comment of mine notwithstanding, I thought yours was pretty clever! Humor helps. For that, I thank you.
BobR in New Mexico, USA
--
"Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with me." This is our function, our challenge, our fulfillment - and our inheritance, to accept and to share.

gunnergoz
Corporal
Location: Sunny Sandy Ego, CA -- also known as San Diego or "America's Finest City" to the tourist i

Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:06 am

Methinks this game deserves its own forum and not just a thread in the news forum. I'm really looking forward to more news.

Mr Bill
Corporal

Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:21 am

bbriley wrote:A good response! However, the deepest longing in our hearts cannot be found in any game or any battle or any other thing we can purchase or possess, but only discovering who one truly is - an unassailable part of the Whole (i.e., the Atman or Soul)..

well, unless I achieve nirvana in the meantime, while I still wallow in Samsara I wanna see some VGN screenshots! :D

Generalisimo

Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:41 pm

Mr Bill wrote:well, unless I achieve nirvana in the meantime, while I still wallow in Samsara I wanna see some VGN screenshots! :D

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
You will have to wait until the right time comes...

:D
"History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon."
Napoleon Bonaparte

BOA-AAR: ¡Abajo el imperialismo Británico! (en español)

AGEOD Facebook Fanpage - news & screenshots about the upcoming games!

bbriley
Lieutenant

Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:07 am

Generalisimo wrote:[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
You will have to wait until the right time comes...

:D

A very apropos (spelling?) screenshot! Not preparing for war (I assume) but to become deeper and more compassionate human beings. Not that I wouldn't enjoy seeing a screenshot from the upcoming VGN, also - but only when you and the team think it is best, of course.

Bob

gunnergoz
Corporal
Location: Sunny Sandy Ego, CA -- also known as San Diego or "America's Finest City" to the tourist i

Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:19 am

Just a gentle 'bump' to get this topic back on top where it belongs. :D

Ain't it time that VGN get's it's own forum? :thumbsup:

C'mon guys, let's hear more about this game! :coeurs:

count taaffe
Sergeant

Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:38 am

Hi to you all!

gunnergoz wrote:Just a gentle 'bump' to get this topic back on top where it belongs. :D

Ain't it time that VGN get's it's own forum? :thumbsup:

C'mon guys, let's hear more about this game! :coeurs:

I agree to gunnergoz - I would also appreciate more information on this game ;) :coeurs:

Pocus

Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:32 pm

Perhaps a dedicated forum, but we can't reveal to much for now on our side. Now if you want to chat and guess among yourselves in a dedicated forum... why not! I'll ask what the others in the team think about that.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Mr Bill
Corporal

Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:05 pm

Pocus wrote:Perhaps a dedicated forum, but we can't reveal to much for now on our side.

Any idea how long (rough guesstimate...2 months, 4 months, 6 months) it will be before you can start doling out official information regarding the game? Inquiring minds want to know! :sherlock:

But yeah, a dedicated forum would be good...would help build up more awareness for the game as there are probably even some forum regulars who don't even know about this game. It's kinda hidden in a dark Ageod forum alley right now. :D

count taaffe
Sergeant

Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:42 pm

Mr Bill wrote:....But yeah, a dedicated forum would be good...would help build up more awareness for the game as there are probably even some forum regulars who don't even know about this game. It's kinda hidden in a dark Ageod forum alley right now. :D

I agree with Mr. Bill. A dedicated forum would be great and may draw others attention to this game as well :p ouet:

A few days ago I wasn't even aware, that Ageod is working on this game, after I stumbled upon this thread :happyrun:

Now I can't await it to get my hands on it :laugh:

Pocus

Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:18 pm

Some official information? I would say 2 months, not much more. This will start slow then gear up.

Mr Bill
Corporal

Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:56 pm

Cool, looking forward to learning more about this game and how far it's come along.

count taaffe
Sergeant

Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:03 pm

Mr Bill wrote:Cool, looking forward to learning more about this game and how far it's come along.

Me too, me too :thumbsup:

Hohenlohe

Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:43 am

Dear Philippes,if you still in need of some people testing a beta version I am very interested and I think I will have enough time because I am a retiree and have enough experience in playing strategy games since 1991.I was at no time a betatester but I am interested to do so I can even offer a little help with the OOB of the opening of the French-Prussian War as I own an old reprint about that time and even got a book about the 1866 Prussian-Austrian War mainly about the other battles and skirmishes aside from Sadow/Königgrätz.
So if you are still in need of some people willing to help you simply send me a PM and I will answer as soon as possible.

greetings

Hohenlohe :coeurs:
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

Pocus

Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:58 pm

Hello Hohenlohe!

Goodwill is always welcome! The FPW OOB is done, but if you are interested in doing others things or testing the scenario by itself...

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Help with VGN.

Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:57 pm

Pocus: I would be happy to help in any way I could for nothing expected in return. I have been playing war games since Mid 60's. I have degree in history and another as a Doctor of Law. I am capable of careful work if motivated. Your work is a great boon to me and much appreciated. I have Microsoft Word and all is applications. Larry 3 :D

PhilThib

Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:05 pm

Larry, we mostly work with Excel for our databases, are you at ease with it? But be sure we'll find something for you ;)
Thanks for volunteering :thumbsup:

Jayavarman
Lieutenant

Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:40 am

Two new testers in a day. Impressive. :D
"Sad fragility of human things! What riches and treasures of art will remain forever buried beneath these ruins; how many distinguished men - artists, sovereigns, and warriors - are now forgotten!"

"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."

Anguille

Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:08 am

Hello,

Je me porte aussi volontaire pour tester certains aspects du jeu (temps toutefois relativement limité par la présence de mon fils de 11 mois :) et par une allergie de ma femme aux jeux pc :blink :) .

Son of Montfort
Conscript

Help with grammar and spelling?

Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:46 pm

I'm not overly knowledgeable about this period's warfare or OOB, but I can offer some time to playtest scenarios with the distinct purpose of correcting typos, questionable grammar or, and I say this with the utmost respect, "Franglais" type constructions. I have experience with this, am a college teacher, native English speaker, and living in Marseille - so I have all my english-french bases covered. ;)

Let me know. I have access to Excel (latest 2007 edition) and am running Vista 32, SP2. I have a general knowledge of the history of the time period (I teach it to my students) but nothing overly detailed like battlefields, generals, etc. Like I said, I would focus on "breaking" the game and correcting grammar in windows or text files.

SoM

PhilThib

Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:50 pm

Toutes ces offres d'aides sont notées et appréciées... j'aurai rapidement des textes d'événements que j'ai fait en anglais à vous soumettre...voire à traduire en français :D !

Donnez-nous 15 jours pour un premier proto testable... :mdr:

gunnergoz
Corporal

Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:29 am

I wish I had time to beta test or else I would volunteer! :bonk:

Best wishes to the programming team and betas - we too serve who can only sit and wait! :thumbsup:

Son of Montfort
Conscript

Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:12 am

Il vaut mieux si je travaille seulement avec l'anglais. Certainement, je peux comprendre le francais, mais ma grammaire francais n'est pas comme un locuteur natif. Je suis heureuse de lire des textes d'événements quand ils sont pretes.

Et aussi mon clavier n'ai pas les touches avec les accents!

SoM

Pocus

Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:28 am

People interested in helping us can PM the following person: Generalisimo. Heis the beta coordinator and will ask you more details, like what you want to do and your time availability. Then you'll generally get some preliminary works to do before being accepted as full beta... This is necessary because on average 80% of the testers are only visible the first month and then drift in ghost mode...

Jayavarman
Lieutenant

Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:58 am

gunnergoz wrote:I wish I had time to beta test or else I would volunteer! :bonk:

Best wishes to the programming team and betas - we too serve who can only sit and wait! :thumbsup:

Same here. My dream is to retire and just play, mod, and test games. :D
"Sad fragility of human things! What riches and treasures of art will remain forever buried beneath these ruins; how many distinguished men - artists, sovereigns, and warriors - are now forgotten!"

"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."

Return to “Pride of Nations”