Random
AGEod Veteran

Rebellion Question

Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:05 am

France, 1857. National moral 98, contentment 72%. In those provinces not under Chinese loyalty (thanks to the loyalty bug), French loyalty is 90% or more with militancy in all except the Chinese provinces almost entirely < 5. Population satisfaction increasing an average of .39 to .43% per turn every turn due to availability of goods.

So why am I seeing 3-5 new rebellions per turn every single turn.

Nothing I try seems to work, I crush them with ease but the Army is being run ragged and they are happening in provinces with a negligible revolt risk as well as those suffering from the effects of the Chinese Loyalty Bug. There does not seem to be any pattern in these revolts and since I have to be completely reactive, they are getting ahead of me and there is nothing that I can see to do about it.

Not fun at all.

Any suggestions?

Edit
Double checked the PON V1.02 Manual and noted the criteria for the rebellions in the Chinese loyal provinces so that's answered but it does not explain the numerous rebellions in those provinces with 90% French loyalty, 70%+ satisfaction and militancy of less than five or six.

Random
AGEod Veteran

Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:05 pm

No help anywhere, eh? Not complaining, just trying to understand what is happening and why. Chasing rebel forces around the colonies is part of PON's charm but the same rebellions ad nauseum across content, prosperous and socially stable areas of a generally satisfied Metropolitan France without any apparent reasons is somewhat frustrating. Obviously nobody else has seen this sort of thing...

Francois Xavier
Conscript

Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:18 pm

Maybe if you posted your save someone might have some sort of comment?

Random
AGEod Veteran

Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:06 pm

Francois Xavier wrote:Maybe if you posted your save someone might have some sort of comment?

For whatever reason, was unable to upload the saved game when I posted and now have moved on to November 1857 where the rate of rebellions has tapered off some.

Suppose that it is possible that what might have been happening was rebels spawning invisibly in the Chinese-loyal provinces and then moving to the loyal areas where they are detected but I could not find any documentation or threads pointing to this sort of thing to account for the massive and continuous revolts throughout the Spring and Summer of 1857. Not claiming that there's a bug but if it's working as desired and I just cashed in a run of poor odds I had hoped that some of the PON savvy Members might have been able to provide some insights. But thanks for your suggestion, the relevant save is long gone.

squidelica
Sergeant

Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:12 pm

ive found that if you catch the loyalty bug on the first turn it occurs, and then restore to the previous turn save , then when you run the turn again, the loyalty problem does'nt happen- if that makes sense
its the only way ive found of resuming a GC without the loyalty bug

Random
AGEod Veteran

Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:27 pm

squidelica wrote:ive found that if you catch the loyalty bug on the first turn it occurs, and then restore to the previous turn save , then when you run the turn again, the loyalty problem does'nt happen- if that makes sense
its the only way ive found of resuming a GC without the loyalty bug

Interesting idea, thanks. Having over 200-turns invested in this latest Grand Campaign though, think I'll save this for the next one. Wonder if it also stops the problem on a global scale as the loyalty bug seems to affect the AI as much as the player.

Pocus

Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:34 pm

I don't think people reported these rampant rebellions in content, home territories... Except from the loyalty bug I mean.
This bug is ... quite evasive. I believed I had it fixed, but it seems not. I have commented out entirely for PON the only code I can think about that could cause that, i.e a code doing 'domino effect' on loyalties because a strategic city was captured...

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Jim-NC

Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:54 pm

You could be having problems with secondary rebellions. I notice that after the 1st rebellion, the provinces next to the primary one have a good chance for rebellions (it's in the manual under the rebellion section). In this way the rebellion seems to cascade away from the primary location. They also seem to always have in groups. Thus, the rebellion may have started in a Chinese territory, and then moved to your other territories.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Pride of Nations”