Pocus

¤¤¤ Pride of Nations quickfix 1.02b ¤¤¤

Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:29 pm

Hi everybody,

Here is a quickfix to Pride of Nations. Quickfix in our mind means it is not an all inclusive patch, so you need to have 1.02 installed before installing this fix. This fix is made of only two files, the game executable and an interface file.

Fixes include:

1.02b

GAMELOGIC

Fixed
Non formed nations (formed = control at least one region) excluded from tariff relationships changes.

Added
New ways of getting CBs (duration 6>24 turns) . Must be a formed nation.
In regions with overwhelming odds (at least 5 to 1), you can get a few MC % against your enemy.

1.02a

GAMELOGIC

Fixed
A bug preventing mutual entries to work in the diplomacy engine.
A bug preventing Defensive treaty from giving a CB against agressor as it should be.
Sometime no peace terms would appear when asking for peace (was tied to the existence of vassals)

Added
New ways of getting CBs.
Regions without controller will be given to whoever has the most unit, if no one to the Rebels.

INTERFACE

Diplomacy interface improved for existing treaties.

A note of importance: These fixes (except the interface one) have been tested by people playing the PBEM 'Conflict of Nations', but because of a lack of testers, we can't guarantee the fix is 100% safe on your current games. If you prefer to wait for (a yet to be confirmed) official patch 1.03, please do so by all means :) .

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/temp/Quickfix_PON_1.02b.zip

If nothing goes nuke (very reassuring right? ;) ) then this quick fix will be also posted on the Paradox forum within a day or two.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Kensai

Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:01 pm

Thank you, Pocus. I guess we already use this in our MP campaign, don't we? Well, it won't hurt to load this on top, especially for the better diplomacy interface!

It's good to hear that you still work on patches for PoN, there is so much potential. The game is immense fun with 17 players and has proved extremely stable, albeit we risked a world war in 1859! :p
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

sagji
Lieutenant

Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:42 pm

In the quick fixes we have there were some extra files included - additional alias and options - are these no longer required?

One thing I have noticed in the previous QF with the new CBs is we get a recurring list of CBs - so we get a message for the US gets a CB on the UK for owning part of America, then a few turns later it expires and we get another message, then a little later the CB reappears, and so on.
We also get the messages for nations that don't exist yet (Hungary), and these non-existent countries are now also listed in the diplomacy screen and are suffering diplomatic change for tariffs.

De_Spinoza
Lieutenant

Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:17 pm

The new diplomacy interface solves a lot of annoyance with treaties 'dropping off the screen'... Thanks! :)

Ilitarist
Sergeant

Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:41 am

Can we get addional info on 1.03? Like will be performance improved and I should download the game again?

Pocus

Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:48 am

sagji wrote:In the quick fixes we have there were some extra files included - additional alias and options - are these no longer required?

One thing I have noticed in the previous QF with the new CBs is we get a recurring list of CBs - so we get a message for the US gets a CB on the UK for owning part of America, then a few turns later it expires and we get another message, then a little later the CB reappears, and so on.
We also get the messages for nations that don't exist yet (Hungary), and these non-existent countries are now also listed in the diplomacy screen and are suffering diplomatic change for tariffs.

These extra files would be required, but as I moved many of my data, the time stamps on files changed. I would need you help to determine what are the additional files needed.

Recurring CB, yes it is WAD they will regenerate each time the condition is still met. When you speak of messages for Hungary, this is about CBs right? Perhaps I missed a test.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

sagji
Lieutenant

Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:06 pm

Pocus wrote:These extra files would be required, but as I moved many of my data, the time stamps on files changed. I would need you help to determine what are the additional files needed.

Recurring CB, yes it is WAD they will regenerate each time the condition is still met. When you speak of messages for Hungary, this is about CBs right? Perhaps I missed a test.

The added files are still in the dropbox, the most obvious one is the need for a setting of
rulUnitMaintainance = 2

The problem is the recurring CBs just clutter the log, this is especially bad as they recur every few turns - either stop them expiring when the trigger is present (silently reset the start date), or give a longer CB and a lower frequency of granting it.
Yes the potential countries (such as Hungary and Ireland) are appearing in the message log as getting and loosing CBs against nations that control their provinces. Similarly they also appear in the diplomacy screen and can be interacted with (diplomatic items and tariffs)

Pappy
Conscript

Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:11 pm

Is the VER# on the opening screen supposed to change with a hotfix? I've updated my V1.02 with it but I don't see any "a" after the 1.02. The PON app's date is 3/26/2012 so I guess something did change.

Pocus

Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:02 am

Version has not changed because the file updating version was not included. I'll do that for 1.02b, adding up a few files and a fix or two.

Pappy
Conscript

Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:46 am

Thanks for the quick reply Pocus.

NefariousKoel
Captain

Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:13 pm

Hey Pocus, are you kicking out the new hotfix anytime soon?

I've been thinking of starting a new game of PON, but don't want to begin until you get the 'b' version done.

Thanks!

Pocus

Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:08 pm

Here it is my dear!

QF can be applied dynamically to your games anyway.

See first post for the update.

parasxos
Conscript

Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:50 pm

Pocus would you mind have a look at this please? Plz dont tell me my winter time was wasted and i have to restart the game..... :bonk:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?597949-no-conscripts-and-officers-for-many-turns

NefariousKoel
Captain

Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:36 pm

I thought that bug was supposed to be fixed in this extra quickfix?

Thanks for the new fix Pocus!

Pocus

Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:57 am

I'll check parasxos.

Andy2
Private

Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:40 pm

Thank you for this patch. :)

James D Burns

Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:20 am

For those revisiting the game like myself, I’ll go over what I had to do to get everything working as needed. I had installed 1.02, then I bought two download content scenarios and installed them and I was getting errors for some game events in the text display area and those events were not working. Even after installing 1.02b I was still getting the errors. For example 3 of the 5 or so social events that normally fire for Britain on turn one read no_opt or something and the social options were not available to choose.

What you have to do apparently is apply 1.02 after you install any download content, then patch to this 1.02b. Everything is working fine for me now, so the install order makes a big difference.

Jim

Edit: Also I checked and rulUnitMaintainance = 2 exists in the opt file for those wondering about it.

NefariousKoel
Captain

Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:02 am

You might want to sticky this post until a future update comes out, with the changes in it, Pocus.

Thanks again!

Pocus

Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:00 pm

I prefer non sticky with some traffics, sticky have a tendency to be ignored altogether...

Pocus

Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:39 pm

Hi again,

I have fixed your problem of missing conscript, parasxos:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?597949-no-conscripts-and-officers-for-many-turns&p=13660252#post13660252

can be of good read to others if they have the problem.

parasxos
Conscript

Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:22 pm

Thx Pocus :thumbsup: If talking with -in these forums- and having your problems solved by the developers themselves isnt support what in this earth is then?? :coeurs:

glennbob
Corporal

Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:22 pm

So far with this patch i have encountered two problems that are fairly substantial.

1) In objective regions, in my own italian save, I have seen all of them gain some form of confederate and moldavian loyalty for no apparent region, London, Paris, etc...
2) These "infringement" casus-belli's are popping up everywhere, im pretty sure i am going to have a total world wipeout soon and turn times will not be pretty, also to add, for some reason Russia and America are both getting these casus-belli's against GBR for apparently having military control of "middle ohio" and a lake near finland, these are both river and lake regions, please explain this? xD

Return to “Pride of Nations”