tux
Corporal

corruption and waste

Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:08 am

in the F4 screen on some goods is a negative number of "wastes and corruption"
in the ballance. Are these goods for random and how many goods are affected?
For example in one game only coal and fish gets deductions and in other game cereals and cotton.

yellow ribbon

Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:54 am

not random effects, but related to big amounts of goods in stock...

should be lowered at a level of about 300, have you more in stock, it goes up and you can import an produce at much as you want, goods are rotting away

very common for cotton and coal, even gold after California Gold rush, unless transformed to state money.
but i have never seen it with fish, which should be transformed to canned food...
fish, cattle, cereals, canned food substitute each other. if you have huge stock of fish and getting penalty of waste and corruption, you must have far too much goods in the group of food at all... SELL IT ! :blink:

tux
Corporal

Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:26 pm

Selling sounds good. Problem is, there are two partners needed, the one who offers and the one who wishes. If no one buys my goods, its stock goes up.

yellow ribbon

Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:49 pm

may i ask you for the nation u r playing?

as i mention in another thread, for some goods there is truly to much supply in the first years.

advise:

build more merchant fleets if available, to have a foot in different markets

set maritim tax to zero, makes it more likely that other nations buy

set customs at maximum, and click on the goods until 80% are supposed to sell in domestic market, both increase domestic sells

research techs giving bonus to buy and sell

a guess:
make local support to nations, offer then after good relations are given a commercial agreement, should give you bonus of sells

depending of the nation:

buy every product of what you have too much, than sell all products of the same category.
AI is dull, they deplete their stocks and than need to buy from you. AI is as eager to get rid of products for private capital as you certainly are

and, the most difficult one:

be patient until world population and industry is developed enough that they really NEED TO BUY FROM YOU ;)

PS:

not to forget, you can STOP production of a certain good at all, which would also make capital free for other decisions...

Sir Garnet

Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:13 pm

If you set food to convert to preserved foods, those can be turned into Mfg Goods by a Canned Goods Factory, though when preserves are cheap I just import it in large quantities.

tux
Corporal

Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:14 pm

Thanks for the answer. But one point is open for me: Is corruption/wastes forever or is there an adjustment by new laws or technology (meaning declining from -5% to less or even zero)

montgomeryjlion
Captain

Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:35 pm

As I understand it, the amount varies at which point you get corruption and waste but it will always be there.
Have too much of anything laying around and it starts vanishing.

Return to “Pride of Nations”