count taaffe
Sergeant

Declared war, but can't move troops into enemys land

Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:22 am

A strange thing happened to me as I was playing AH. I declared war on Serbia and I can see in the diplomatic window, that the action has been done properly.

However, I'm not able to move my troops into Serbia :bonk: The same message appears which you may see, when you try to move your troops into another country without declaring war :wacko:

Any ideas?

Many thanks for any help!!!!

PhilThib

Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:53 am

I wonder if there is some war declaration lag....can you try that again on the turn following the declaration of and the next... if it does not work, send us the save so we can check :confused:

count taaffe
Sergeant

Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:28 am

Hi Phil!

PhilThib wrote:I wonder if there is some war declaration lag....can you try that again on the turn following the declaration of and the next... if it does not work, send us the save so we can check :confused:

I never noticed a "war declaration lag" before - but maybe there is one ;) . However I will give it a try this evening again - and if it is still not working, I will provide you with the savegame file.

BTW: in the savegame-folder I can see different files. Which is the right one?

Many thanks for helping and

cheers,

Peter

PhilThib

Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:26 am

count taaffe wrote:Hi Phil!

BTW: in the savegame-folder I can see different files. Which is the right one?

Peter

Just put everything related to your current game in a single zip :cool:

Von Thoma
Conscript

Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:20 am

... hi there I think it is maybe the problem , what I have always with my Austria against Prussia ...

it has something to do that the province is itself conquered from that country you are in war ...

So Prussia conquered Bavaria, but the province was never ceeded to Prussia and BAvaria is still at war with Bavaria

Now when as Austria you are in war with Prussia , you are not able to conquer now FORMER belonged provinces to Bavaria ...

so I always have to declare war ALSO to Bavaria, Saxony and so on, if I want to enter such provinces ...

I already have written about that behavior somewhere in the Paradox forum.

Hope it helps

PhilThib

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:07 am

Yes, I believe it will

count taaffe
Sergeant

Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:35 pm

Gentlemen!

First of all, many thanks for all your input. In my case it may have been a faulty savegame file. I couldn't load it, so I used an older backup-file, which worked then perfectly. :)
Maybe it has something to do, that I'm running the game on Windows 7/64bit. However the game runs very stable now under 1.01 h. :coeurs:

Cheers,
Peter

count taaffe
Sergeant

Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:19 am

Ok - now it happened again... :bonk:

I can't move my troops into Serbia. :confused:

Attached please find the savegame-files.

Many thanks for helping!!!
Attachments
AH.zip
(2.07 MiB) Downloaded 208 times

count taaffe
Sergeant

Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:17 pm

I just found what was the problem here: Serbia is now Yugoslavia - so I had to declare war on Yugoslavia, to be able to move my troops in.

The diplomatic screen confused me as Serbia still can be found there - so I declared war on a nonexisting state :bonk:

Return to “Pride of Nations”