alastair
Private

Collecting goods from an overseas investment

Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:00 pm

I'm puzzled. I got a commercial agreement with Columbia and managed to build a gem mine. Sure enough a gems box appeared in Bogota's Trade display and the box is definitely talking about selling good not buying so they are mine. Well I have ships out there to collect them (I am buying other good from the area so I know I have connection) and so I waited for them to arrive. In F4 it thinks I ma producing but nothing is accruing. How then can I get these gems to my home market?

Generalisimo

Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:14 pm

alastair wrote:I'm puzzled. I got a commercial agreement with Columbia and managed to build a gem mine. Sure enough a gems box appeared in Bogota's Trade display and the box is definitely talking about selling good not buying so they are mine. Well I have ships out there to collect them (I am buying other good from the area so I know I have connection) and so I waited for them to arrive. In F4 it thinks I ma producing but nothing is accruing. How then can I get these gems to my home market?

Sometimes, that happens... but I am not sure the cause of why some merchandises will go to your capital... and some not.
If you still have your saved game around, please, send the current turn compressed to:
fernando.turi@ageod.net

Thanks.
"History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon."
Napoleon Bonaparte

BOA-AAR: ¡Abajo el imperialismo Británico! (en español)

AGEOD Facebook Fanpage - news & screenshots about the upcoming games!

yellow ribbon

Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:51 pm

before thinking about complicate solutions

do you have enough private cash to run all extraction facilities?

I know, stupid question, but i recently had to explain it to my kid brother, despite of next turns surplus, does appear to need private capital for running the economy BEFORE you get additional money from trading.

next point is, I realized same problem with playing USA and having invested in silk, tea, opium etc all over the world.
Aside from the effect that it is not a sure business to invest and get a facility in a foreign country, it also happens that you get goods only once in a couple of turns.
dont asked me why, but i observed it couple of times in completely different situations.

Make sure as followed (if not happend yet)

1.) Invest in foreign country

2.) proceed to next turn

3.) check whether gem field is still there

when you build it, it might have been shown as been there, but sometimes it disappears by chance and you dont get invested money back.

4.) hope you dont have set in the Bogotas trade field to SELL (the "right plus sign") the products, otherwise it will be sold internationally not transfered to your home country

last but not least, whats about diplomatic relations. when i started to squeeze out China, they just seized my fields there and i noticed it late, for not readin every single news.

alastair
Private

Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:28 am

I've mailed the save which has this in.

jimwinsor
General of the Army

Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:27 pm

I had the same problem when I tried to open Belgian mines in Scotland. The mines were not sending the minerals to my pools. I could sell them in the British trade zone, however, and would earn cash that way. So, the investment was not a total loss.
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
[CENTER][SIZE="1"](Click HERE for AAR)[/size][/CENTER]

Return to “Pride of Nations”