Soderini
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:45 am

Belgium: some observations

Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:20 pm

As we were asked to give feed-back on the newly added nations: here is mine some 30 turn in the game:
1. I've had to deal with two wars already: one with the Netherlands and one with Prussia (forge casus belli though our relations were just at -6). And it's just 1851. Belgium had it's independence garanteed by the big five in 1830, perhaps this could be reflected in the game?
2. Thus far I've haven't recieved any chance for any decisions: no banning child laber, no banning import goods, nothing. WAD? All the other payable nations seem to recieve them.
3. Some typo's: Vlaadern should be Vlaanderen, Vlaams Goods should be Vlaamse.

User avatar
caranorn
Posts: 1365
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:20 pm
Location: Luxembourg

Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:41 pm

Soderini wrote:As we were asked to give feed-back on the newly added nations: here is mine some 30 turn in the game:
1. I've had to deal with two wars already: one with the Netherlands and one with Prussia (forge casus belli though our relations were just at -6). And it's just 1851. Belgium had it's independence garanteed by the big five in 1830, perhaps this could be reflected in the game?
2. Thus far I've haven't recieved any chance for any decisions: no banning child laber, no banning import goods, nothing. WAD? All the other payable nations seem to recieve them.
3. Some typo's: Vlaadern should be Vlaanderen, Vlaams Goods should be Vlaamse.


2) At least in the previous versions none of the necessary event files existed for Belgium.
Marc aka Caran...

User avatar
Hohenlohe
Posts: 588
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:24 pm
Location: Munich

Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:28 am

caranorn wrote:2) At least in the previous versions none of the necessary event files existed for Belgium.


That is not only WAD because it is simply owned to the simple fact that most events are related to the usual playable nations/factions and Belgium do not belongs to them...

greetings

Hohenlohe
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

User avatar
caranorn
Posts: 1365
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:20 pm
Location: Luxembourg

Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:49 am

Hohenlohe wrote:That is not only WAD because it is simply owned to the simple fact that most events are related to the usual playable nations/factions and Belgium do not belongs to them...

greetings

Hohenlohe


Well it's now a playable nation ;-) . I expect these events will be written eventually, either by one of the betas or one of us players...
Marc aka Caran...

User avatar
PhilThib
Posts: 13705
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:21 pm
Location: Meylan (France)

Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:34 am

I can provide you the excel templates if you wish to create them. Once done I'll proofread them....

Any idea how we could make the Belgium Guarantee working (i.e. prevent CB forge on Belgium) :confused:
Image

User avatar
caranorn
Posts: 1365
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:20 pm
Location: Luxembourg

Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:50 am

PhilThib wrote:I can provide you the excel templates if you wish to create them. Once done I'll proofread them....

Any idea how we could make the Belgium Guarantee working (i.e. prevent CB forge on Belgium) :confused:


Sure, send me the excel files and I'll take a look...

No idea for the guarantee yet, mostly because I'm not sure how the non-colonial crisis system works. Essentially anyone gaining a CB on Belgium should start a crisis with the garantors (is that a word in english?), or at least with the most relevant signatory of the original treaty...

P.S.: I haven't been in the mood to play PoN the past few days, which is why I haven't tested Belgium since it's official release other than run one turn. but then I had modded it in before so other than general changes to the game via the betas I have a good idea how it runs so far. Now I gotta run to work...
Marc aka Caran...

Return to “Pride of Nations”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests