Hinkel
Lieutenant

Prussia - no supply in colony

Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:36 pm

Playing as prussia, I build a coaling station in Lome. I have some colonial troops there, but now my troops dont receive any supply any more. I have a merchant fleet in the local trade box as well in the trade box near hamburg.
12 turns passes now and no supply was shipped into africa.
Anybody has the same problem?
[CENTER]The Grand Campaign project[/CENTER]
[font="Georgia"][CENTER]Commander-in-chief of the Confederate forces in the east[/CENTER][/font]
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

hgilmer
Captain

Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:04 pm

Do you have a depot?

Hinkel
Lieutenant

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:38 pm

hgilmer wrote:Do you have a depot?

I have one, yes... but the coaling station should be a supply depot?
[CENTER]The Grand Campaign project[/CENTER]

[font="Georgia"][CENTER]Commander-in-chief of the Confederate forces in the east[/CENTER][/font]

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

hgilmer
Captain

Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:20 am

I'm no expert, but I thought if you have the depot and have ships in the maritime box, it supplied you.

TheDoctorKing

Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:16 am

The coaling station IIRC should produce about two units of supply a turn - enough to feed a colonial unit (I not actually 100% sure about coaling stations but military outposts, trading posts, and governor's mansions all do and I think coaling stations as well). In order to send more supply, you do have to have a port, city, or depot. A depot is produced by a supply unit (with four elements?) or can be built through the structure production screen, but it requires a certain development level (5 or 10??) to exist.

Colonial regions also have a supply limit - and I'm not exactly clear on how you find that limit - and if the stockpile of supplies in that region exceeds the supply limit the excess will begin to rot.

Moving supplies around is also hindered by the development level of the region, so if you don't have any roads or anything of that nature in Lomé your supplies won't stack up very quickly.
Stewart King

"There is no substitute for victory"

Depends on how you define victory.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

willgamer
Lieutenant Colonel

Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:35 pm

TheDoctorKing wrote:The coaling station IIRC should produce about two units of supply a turn - enough to feed a colonial unit (I not actually 100% sure about coaling stations but military outposts, trading posts, and governor's mansions all do and I think coaling stations as well).

Strickly speaking, these outposts, trading posts and governor's mansions, as well as several other regional structures do not produce supply.

What they do is allow foraging for a number of elements (including leaders) up to 3 x number of structures.

A small, but hopefully useful, distinction. :)

I don't know whether a coaling station station counts as a harbor. It's a harbor that the manual cites as suppling 4/1. IIRC, it is a collection point however.

Pocus

Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:04 pm

Coaling stations are size 1 harbors yes.
About the SSL (safe supply limit) you have 2 ways of knowing it. If you activate the supply filter, it is written in the tooltip when you mouse over the flag of each region. Alternatively, SSL is also always indicated in the supply icon of your stack in selection.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Grouchy
Private

Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:11 am

Could be they are already vanished. I've saw messages in the past that my (upgraded) coal stations coulbn't be maintenained (thought colony level too low?)and therefore dissappeared.
A cavalry general should be a master of practical science, know the value of seconds, despise life and not trust to chance.

Hohenlohe

Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:15 pm

This problem which we all have is somehow related to the case that anchorages and coaling stations do not demand any supply. But before you will become frustrated you should creconsider that it is very easy to modify the related structure files in the subfolder"structures" in the Gamedata folder as I has learned sofar.
Just open the appropriate file related to anchorage1 and take a sharp look inside on the bottom of the file.
There are four special entries you should check.
first: SupplyProd aka Production...if the entry is zero then just substitute it with any number you wish f.e. with 3

the Supplywant needs even an entry like 3 or 4 because in that case you can request some supply from the next depot and you will get it transfered eventually via the next trade box if there are ships present.
The same approach is necessary for coaling stations...

Most of this file could be changed how you like it...f.e. if you are missing any steel, then imagine simply that any harbor is the anchor point for trade business therefore you can give in the appropriate file all harbors some steel as out_put in terms of steel like f.e. 2 or 3 steel resources which came very handy for you...

I hope that this advice is slightly useful...

Hohenlohe aka MikeFRank(PDOX forumite)
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

Bohemund
Conscript

Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:44 pm

I have the same problem as OP.

I'm playing as Prussia and started influencing Lagos. I'm currently at a CP of 35% (no chance to go higher at the moment as I don't have advanced colonial actions yet) and MC of 100%.
I built a anchorage/coaling station lvl 2, a fort, a mission and and a Supply Depot lvl 2.
I have trade fleets in the maritime trade box of my home region and my desired colony.

Still the mouseover of the regions shows that no supplies are transported in.

Bohemund
Conscript

Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:53 am

Nobody got an answer for this problem?

Sir Garnet

Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:21 am

Bohemund wrote:Nobody got an answer for this problem?

Upgrade the Coaling Station - that turns it into a Harbor. If that doesn't fix the situation, then you have a problem.

Ports is the broad category including Anchorages, Coaling Stations, Harbors, and Naval Bases. Foraging from structures or supply from a depot etc. will take care of a modest armed force, but any expanse of colonial territory with a serious military commmitment, or that bases a naval force , should have at least a Harbor, and for better building and repair of ships a few of those Harbors should be upgraded to Naval Bases.

Pocus

Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:21 am

Bohemund wrote:Nobody got an answer for this problem?

Send me your saved game at phmalacher@ageod.net, give reference to this thread also. Just current turn in a zip is enough, if the problem persists from turn to turn.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “Pride of Nations”