hgilmer
Captain

American Indians - as USA

Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:19 am

Before the patch, they wanted to fight. Now, they don't. I read that they were changed. But, aren't I supposed to be fighting them?

If I'm not fighting them, are they just going to keep building up and then all of a sudden when they are fairly strong, relatively, they strike and they are hard to get rid of.

goodwood
Lieutenant

Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:59 am

Declare war on them and get in first. nothing has to be fair and gentlemanly
Happily Grumpy:siffle:

hgilmer
Captain

Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:48 pm

goodwood wrote:Declare war on them and get in first. nothing has to be fair and gentlemanly

Someone said in the other thread (and maybe I should have asked my question there) to not declare war on them.

Doctoxic
Private

Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:47 pm

if you move military units into the area i think you can then play the "military" colonial decisions which will at least increase your military control (a good thing) - and also increases chance of a revolt so you may get into a full blown fight

not sure if combat units will still attack them if set to aggressive if not actually at war - hopefully someone will clarify for us

Aetica
Civilian

Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:24 pm

Thanks for that info, I had my cav division ready to strike, and when nothing happened I was like WTF, but realized we weren't at war!

EDIT: Now I know why I wasn't at war with the Natives anymore.

Oxonian
Civilian

Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:34 pm

Doctoxic wrote:not sure if combat units will still attack them if set to aggressive if not actually at war - hopefully someone will clarify for us

I tried. The answer is no.

Pocus

Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:45 pm

a tribal is at war with you if:
(a) they have negative relationships
(b) your DOW'ed them formally

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Doctoxic
Private

Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Pocus wrote:a tribal is at war with you if:
(a) they have negative relationships
(b) your DOW'ed them formally

thanks

but i still don't understand the best way to clear out the natives when playing as USA

i just don't seem to be getting anywhere by not declaring war - i put in some expeditionary forces and do the Pacify colonial decisions - but this doesn't stop the natives pillaging and whilst CP does go up slowly the military contol changes are very small or non existant

if i have troops in the area why wouldn't they attack pillaging natives even if they weren't at war?

any strategy tips on this would be very welcome :)

thanks

EDIT - is it possible to get negative relations and if so how - also, is this a good thing?

hgilmer
Captain

Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:42 pm

Doctoxic wrote:EDIT - is it possible to get negative relations and if so how - also, is this a good thing?

Well, depends. Do you want to have negative relations with them? Full war? If so, then YES, it's a good thing. If you don't then, no, it is not a good thing.

I am literally in the same position as you. I want to fight them because I have built up enough forces in the regions to hurt them decently.

I wonder if you can insult them in the diplomacy screen. Maybe I'll try something like that.

Return to “Pride of Nations”