Respenus

Randomizing music

Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:26 am

This is most probably the least important "proposal" someone has had on how to help this game become even better, yet since this seems to be a recurrent problem also in other Ageod games, I decided to finally bite the bullet and ask the question.

What or who actually controls the choice of music in the game? The reason I ask is due to the fact that if I have to listen to Pomp and Circumstance twice in a row for one more time, I'm going to raise Elgar from the dead and strangle him. :bonk:

So, any chance of actually having greater control over what is played? In some distant future of course.

Pocus

Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:38 pm

We know of this issue... the random pick of a song, is for a reason unknown to us, weird... It should come from the random number generator, itself derived from Windows O/S, but ... yeah, weird sequencing. This bother me too, honestly.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:13 pm

I think there should be Korsakov in the soundtracks specificly "sheherazade the forth movement" marvelous :)
About the Ottoman Empire anthem: the tune of the song looks as if after the revolution.
that should be the song for Ottomans as traditionaly.
http://fizy.com/#s/1aj1xn

The other song called "chechen girl" is indeed a good and old song reflecting time frame.

willgamer
Lieutenant Colonel

Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:24 am

Pocus wrote:We know of this issue... the random pick of a song, is for a reason unknown to us, weird... It should come from the random number generator, itself derived from Windows O/S, but ... yeah, weird sequencing. This bother me too, honestly.

For whatever little it's worth, playing the USA I only get mostly US tunes. Several pieces play that are neither US nor common.

I noticed that if I try to delete any songs, I get index out of bounds ctds. I would prefer that the music be loaded dynamically each time PON is run, rather than what is apparently a static table created at new game time.

Caccio
Sergeant

Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:51 am

I just turn the music off when it gets tiresome. But there are some lovely tunes in the VGN Sounds folder, so I made up a playlist with Windows Media Player, and it plays in the background as I happily play the game! :thumbsup:

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:02 pm

Baris wrote:I think there should be Korsakov in the soundtracks specificly "sheherazade the forth movement" marvelous :)
About the Ottoman Empire anthem: the tune of the song looks as if after the revolution.
that should be the song for Ottomans as traditionaly.
http://fizy.com/#s/1aj1xn

The other song called "chechen girl" is indeed a good and old song reflecting time frame.

There is also a "longa"music fit to any timeframe for Ottomans.
This is very traditonal music of Ottomans battle for Egypt influence. Mainly for the family tribes that didn't want to lose control while waiting help from Ottoman sultan and the new born egyptian authority.
http://fizy.com/tr#s/1ahlmc

Any type of "longa" will fit in time frame.
Clarnet* used with middle east tradition rythm,tunes.
*Not used very frequently in this one(Through the end) but mainly used in other songs for longa.

Schattensand
Lieutenant

Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:11 am

If you change the beginning of all different music pieces in the sound folder to

cmn_all_ and do the same in the subfolder music ini

(but dont do it to the sound datas)

you are able to hear the whole variety of all pieces. That does not change randomising problems so.

It works fine for me this way.

Return to “Pride of Nations”