WallysWorld
Captain

Congrats to Ageod!

Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:42 am

For what it's worth, congratulations to everyone at Ageod for the release. It's one heck of a good game and again shows Ageod's high quality of creations.

Lame thread I know, but just wanted to say thanks.

John Sedgwick
Colonel

Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:48 am

Hear, hear. I don't think it's lame to say thanks. I believe they've sticked some "thank you" threads in other forums... :)

Great job on a great game!
"I'm ashamed of you, dodging that way. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance."ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

Pocus

Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:18 am

It is always good to know that, despite some shortcomings that we are working on, the game is pleasing people for the most part, so thanks to you too!

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

PhilThib

Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:50 am

Yes, this gives us heart to even do more ;) :coeurs:

beuckelssen

Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:51 am

Yep, congrats to the developers. I had played 34-35 turns so far and I really like the game. It has the "one more turn and I go to bed" vibe.
(And one hour later you are still with "the last turn". :thumbsup :)

Of course that there are some issues and minor problems to solve with future patches, but the game looks like a winner and it´s enjoyable right now. :cool:

DON
Sergeant

Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:52 am

This game is a perfect melding of grand strategy and, with the battle scenarios, operational warfare. This is a serious simulation of the Victorian and early modern world set in a game package and it is a marvel to behold.

Lucasiewicz
Private

Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:25 pm

wallysworld wrote:for what it's worth, congratulations to everyone at ageod for the release. It's one heck of a good game and again shows ageod's high quality of creations.

+1

Ironchancellor
Sergeant

Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:37 pm

I have to admit when i hear about a game that might have a few problems it might put me off buying, or carrying on playing like ive found with a few other games i have. But two things make me still carrying on buying these games is one if they are the sort of games you like and so put up with a few problems; Two if you have a forum you can turn to where the designers are ready to listen to you and reply to any problems you have and not always slap your wrists if the thread or problem as been mentioned before many times ago. Because as much as search engines are useful you can end up with hundreds of possible threads to plough through. So it would be nice to have some response from someone even if it has been mentioned before thanks.

gchristie
Brigadier General

Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:10 pm

beuckelssen wrote:It has the "one more turn and I go to bed" vibe.
(And one hour later you are still with "the last turn".

Oh oh, I have a love/hate relationship with those kinds of games...yawn ;)

I hear the learning curve for Vainglory of Nations is steep. Is it steeper that AACW 'cause I know I can climb that hill.

Regards
"Now, back to Rome for a quick wedding - and some slow executions!"- Miles Gloriosus

benpark
Sergeant

Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:31 pm

Yes, thanks for the amazing game. It's obvious that years of effort went into it. I'm really thankful that there is a company that does the time periods that AGeoD does with such a great engine- and turn based.

marcusjm
Colonel

Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:36 pm

gchristie wrote:Oh oh, I have a love/hate relationship with those kinds of games...yawn ;)

I hear the learning curve for Vainglory of Nations is steep. Is it steeper that AACW 'cause I know I can climb that hill.

Regards

I think it is actually easier since the army management is quite complicated in AACW compared to this. Here it is more abstracted and thus easier. The rest you learn as you play.

devoncop
Civilian

Fine Fine Game...

Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:13 pm

Just to add to the chorus.....This really is an exceptional game in terms of scope.
Everyone will have their own favourite aspects but for me the events/flavour/hisorical information included in the game really brings it to life.
I have already developed an irrational hatred of one of my Austrian commanders in the Risorgimento scenario whose indolence and incompetence has restricted me to a draw despite the heroism of his sub commanders through three victorious battles against superior numbers ....... :)

The game allows a sandbox mode with numerous variables for those who like that sort of thing and the diplomatic, colonial and crises elements are truly original.

Well done to all involved. It is the sort of game I have been waiting a long time for.
Cheers
Ian :thumbsup:
:hat: "For evil to triumph it is only necessary for good men to do nothing"

James The 1st
Conscript

Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:54 pm

Congrats!

This game is really fun to play!

ashandresash
Captain

Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:25 pm

And there goes my congratulations! :thumbsup:

You've made an awesome game, I just hope sales go with quality this time ;)

John Sedgwick
Colonel

Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:28 pm

I'd say it's a fair bit steeper, if only for the economic and diplomatic aspects - the military aspect is easier than AACW. But if you can learn AACW, you can learn this one without too many problems. Just don't get discouraged if you get off to a rocky start and trash your economy or prestige - as someone else told me, it's very hard to ruin a game when you have 1600 turns to recover from your mistakes ;) In that sense I'd say it'd be easier for vets to learn the ropes in the GC than in battle scenarios, since you already understand the basic military stuff.
"I'm ashamed of you, dodging that way. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance."ImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImage

willgamer
Lieutenant Colonel

Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:21 pm

Chiming in with congratulations on an outstanding release! :p ompom: :happyrun: :winner:

I'm amazed, from all the comments, on how different countries face such different situations and challenges. :thumbsup:

Stonewall

Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:25 pm

Despite a couple very minor hiccups, this game has been a pleasure to play. I haven't been this captivated by a game since I first bought and played Europa Universalis I. Job well done.

Return to “Pride of Nations”