Groomy
Conscript

Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:19 pm

Yes but I mean in my game with Russia.
It's the first turn and I can not build any cereals farms, and in the second turn we have the mission to become the first producer of cereals. How if we can not build cereals farms ?

caranorn

Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:25 pm

Groomy wrote:Yes but I mean in my game with Russia.
It's the first turn and I can not build any cereals farms, and in the second turn we have the mission to become the first producer of cereals. How if we can not build cereals farms ?

By improving your rail network mostly. Probably also with technological research...
Marc aka Caran...

Krot
Sergeant

Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:34 pm

I see it is rather illogical that Russia is so severely limited in cereal farms quantity. It contradicts not only the prescribed mission you mentioned above but real history which saw massive Russian grain trade via Baltic and Black Sea ports in the 2nd half of XIX centuary.

It also leaves unexploited lots of cereal resources present on the map. For example Konotop region has 3 cereals and no farm. The only way to make some use of this abundant resource is to destroy Russian cereal farm elsewhere.

marcusjm
Colonel

Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:39 pm

Well since this starts in the first half it would make more sense ;) . Remember that many reforms took place in Russia during the 19th century so it actually makes sense that you get to decide what to focus on. Maybe you have a better plan than the Czar ;) .

Also, this is the demo, you didn't seriously expect to finish any long term goals within the demo time?

Generalisimo

Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:13 pm

Krot wrote:I see it is rather illogical that Russia is so severely limited in cereal farms quantity. It contradicts not only the prescribed mission you mentioned above but real history which saw massive Russian grain trade via Baltic and Black Sea ports in the 2nd half of XIX centuary.

It also leaves unexploited lots of cereal resources present on the map. For example Konotop region has 3 cereals and no farm. The only way to make some use of this abundant resource is to destroy Russian cereal farm elsewhere.

If there is no limit on the ammount of structures you can build at start, you will flood the entire map with your structures... ;)
You have to advance inside the tech tree to be able to unlock new limits... ;)
"History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon."
Napoleon Bonaparte

BOA-AAR: ¡Abajo el imperialismo Británico! (en español)

AGEOD Facebook Fanpage - news & screenshots about the upcoming games!

Krot
Sergeant

Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:25 pm

marcusjm wrote:Well since this starts in the first half it would make more sense ;) . Remember that many reforms took place in Russia during the 19th century so it actually makes sense that you get to decide what to focus on. Maybe you have a better plan than the Czar ;) .

Also, this is the demo, you didn't seriously expect to finish any long term goals within the demo time?

I mentioned the the 2nd half of XIX just because of the fact that this period is covered by PON.

Cereal export became the backbone of Russian budget long before that time. It happened when during the reign of Catherine the Great vast lucrative territories of Novorossia (nowdays South Ukraine and South Russia) were conqered and/or secured from Crimean and Nogay Tartars raids.

No, I did not dare to fullfil the mission playing the demo. My concern is if this irritating limit be reproduced in full version of PON.

Krot
Sergeant

Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:27 pm

Generalisimo wrote:If there is no limit on the ammount of structures you can build at start, you will flood the entire map with your structures... ;)
You have to advance inside the tech tree to be able to unlock new limits... ;)

Thank you, Generalisimo. You eased my pain... to some degree. :thumbsup:

marcusjm
Colonel

Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:36 pm

Krot wrote:I mentioned the the 2nd half of XIX just because of the fact that this period is covered by PON.

Cereal export became the backbone of Russian budget long before that time. It happened when during the reign of Catherine the Great vast lucrative territories of Novorossia (nowdays South Ukraine and South Russia) were conqered and/or secured from Crimean and Nogay Tartars raids.

No, I did not dare to fullfil the mission playing the demo. My concern is if this irritating limit be reproduced in full version of PON.

Exactly but the game start at the beginning of the last half and this is where you the player comes in. There are bound to be some inaccuracies since they lack experts on all nations. i will help out with Sweden as you will with Russia.

Czert
Sergeant

Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:39 pm

colony bug - if you build/upgrade anchorage/coaling station to port in colony, then you can build anchorage in that region again (or at least region is green for taht option).

and one idea - ports (and thier upgrade - naval yards) will generate 2 (or 4) private funds , just to simulate boost to national/international trade.
Due to cost of money/goods to build them, they will payoff with that value at cca 30 years (if I count corectly), so the will never be moneymakers.

Czert
Sergeant

Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:47 pm

Krot wrote:Thank you, Generalisimo. You eased my pain... to some degree. :thumbsup:

Techs unlocking more stuctures are nice, but will they "arive" in time to fulfill mission - to become greatest producer of cereals in time ?

Building extensive railroads are imposible due to thiers great price. And when recalled it - how is transsiberian magistrale represented in game ? It is build via events in game, or it is fully player driven ?
And if is (partialy) events driven, it is here way for player to know which regions wil have it planed ? Just to avoid building two (future) pararell railroads.

Pocus

Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:58 am

We will see about cereal production, perhaps a tweak of FP is needed.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Czert
Sergeant

Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:27 pm

Just currios, will be updated demo relased ?
And dont worry, i will buy full game for sure. :) .

Czert
Sergeant

Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:58 pm

question :
when you set market sale to 80%, but your population will use only 50%, will be rest 30% given to market for selling away, or it will be stocked ?

and idea:

you can forbid selling selected goods to forgein markets (e.q you want to stock up coal).

willgamer
Lieutenant Colonel

Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:05 pm

Czert wrote:question :
when you set market sale to 80%, but your population will use only 50%, will be rest 30% given to market for selling away, or it will be stocked ?

and idea:

you can forbid selling selected goods to foreign markets (e.q you want to stock up coal).

You are in total control of what and how much you export. :thumbsup:

You cannot control, AFAIK, who the buyer is.

This is primarily controlled by mousing over your capital and clicking T for trade. The exact number of goods to export is set there. :cool:

Pocus

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:00 am

Czert wrote:Just currios, will be updated demo relased ?
And dont worry, i will buy full game for sure. :) .

Not right now, any new version must be validated by Paradox QA department before. But there will be an update as soon as permitted.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Czert
Sergeant

Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:00 pm

Now ideas from full game :) .

add two new types of decisions (military screen).

modernize army - simply will cost money/goods - it will train/upgrade certain number of regiments for sure (similiar to random xxx regiment was succesfuly trained). Numbers depending on your budget :) .

great military excercise/war games (or whatewer) - in similiar fasion, but random units get experience.

Return to “Pride of Nations”