DON
Sergeant

Memorial Day Weekend and the Demo

Fri May 27, 2011 12:02 pm

Here in the US we are going into our three day Memorial Day weekend. This marks the unofficial start of summer here. Memorial Day is the day on which we remember our war dead. It certainly would be grand if the demo were to be released today so all we yanks would have three days to play it!

DON
Sergeant

Fri May 27, 2011 12:24 pm

A fellow over on the Paradox Pride of Nations Forum posted this:

"Y'all boys need to sign up for the Paradox Forum Newsletter. Seriously! I would tell you all about the demo, but then by newsletter rules I would have to kill you, but in a kinder, gentler way of course."

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?538568-Pride-of-Nations-Video-Walkthrough-Released!/page2

I didn't get a copy of the Newsletter emailed to me. I suspect the poster was simply kidding around. However, anyone who did get the newsletter and hasn't read it yet, might wish to do so and see if there is any information in it about the demo.

hgilmer
Captain

Fri May 27, 2011 1:07 pm

DON wrote:Here in the US we are going into our three day Memorial Day weekend. This marks the unofficial start of summer here. Memorial Day is the day on which we remember our war dead. It certainly would be grand if the demo were to be released today so all we yanks would have three days to play it!

Especially since my office is closing at 12 PM today!

DON
Sergeant

Fri May 27, 2011 1:26 pm

A humorous remark from Pocus on whether the demo will be ready prior to this weekend:

"I think it will be rea .... Aaaaahhgghgh no NOooooo, not the axes!!!!! Not the spears!!!!"

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?538568-Pride-of-Nations-Video-Walkthrough-Released!/page2

Pocus

Fri May 27, 2011 1:29 pm

In case it was obscure: Axes would be wielded by vikings, while the spears would be the weapon of choice of the Valks ;)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

DON
Sergeant

Fri May 27, 2011 1:35 pm

Pocus, you always live up to your avatar! :)

count taaffe
Sergeant

Fri May 27, 2011 2:47 pm

DEMO! DEMO! DEMO!

Sorry I couldn't resist :D :D :D :D

Hohenlohe

Fri May 27, 2011 3:59 pm

count taaffe wrote:DEMO! DEMO! DEMO!

Sorry I couldn't resist :D :D :D :D

A DEMO...?!? Did you mention eventually the Madrid Demo or the Stuttgart 21 Demo...?? *mmmhhh* What else could it be...??

Oooohhh, did you eventually mention a game-related demo...?!?

*Aaarrrgghh* Don't torture us in such a manner if you mention the PON Demo...What do you think how long I am waiting even for the chance to play some turns such a promising game recreating history...??

I hope there will be not only some promises but some self-fullfilling prophecies like the best historical strategy game forever...*sigh*

greetings

Hohenlohe, just in waiting...äh...standby mode in front of his machine...*peep**sigh**cool*
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

DON
Sergeant

Fri May 27, 2011 6:00 pm

Return to “Pride of Nations”