Adlercreutz
Conscript

Interview with PhilThib! Release planned for June 2011

Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:59 pm

http://www.gameswelt.tv/18035/pride-of-nations/video-interview-mit-philippe-thibaut.html?mode=2#

According to this interview with PhilThib PoN is aimed to be released in June 2011 (last question by the interviewer). I expected April. Anyway, this game is worth waiting.

Respenus

Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:23 pm

Adlercreutz wrote:According to this interview with PhilThib PoN is aimed to be released in June 2011.

Good, good, that will give me plenty of time too finish up with my studies for the year and then enjoy in full the great game of VGN. I also know whose house I'm going to visit during my stay in France ;) Also, you might wish to inform your Paradox overlords that they need to change the release date on the Paradox website.

One question, what's with the main menu? AgeOD always, in my opinion, prides itself by creating great main menus, which don't look like clones we usually see (for example, like in the video, all the possibles submenus are positioned on one side of the screen). It won't stop me from buying, this game is already bought for me, but it is still an interesting side-step. Was it the visual requirements, or was it something else, if you can tell of course?

P.S.: Is Paradox ashamed of RoP and RuS? I realise that Rus only uses the AGE engine and that RoP was the first game released by AgeOD as Paradox France, yet when talking about it officially, all Paradox mentions are the games up to and including WW1, which has brought its more than fair share of bad publicity for AgeOD. Why not mention other great works? Also, is it just me, or is the fact that Philippe, who helped create EU, one of the most well known Paradox games, is now a part of Paradox? Personally I think the name is just apt (no offence meant to anyone on the AgeOD team. As far as I'm concerned, it's you over Paradox any day).

PhilThib

Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:06 am

Respenus wrote:P.S.: Is Paradox ashamed of RoP and RuS? I realise that Rus only uses the AGE engine and that RoP was the first game released by AgeOD as Paradox France, yet when talking about it officially, all Paradox mentions are the games up to and including WW1, which has brought its more than fair share of bad publicity for AgeOD. Why not mention other great works? Also, is it just me, or is the fact that Philippe, who helped create EU, one of the most well known Paradox games, is now a part of Paradox? Personally I think the name is just apt (no offence meant to anyone on the AgeOD team. As far as I'm concerned, it's you over Paradox any day).

No matter of shame here but business. RUS had been signed by their devs to quite a few markets before having it official and submitted to Paradox, which made the deal uninteresting and unprofitable for the latter. Note that RUS is on sale at Gamersgate anyway ;)

Respenus

Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:45 pm

PhilThib wrote:No matter of shame here but business. RUS had been signed by their devs to quite a few markets before having it official and submitted to Paradox, which made the deal uninteresting and unprofitable for the latter. Note that RUS is on sale at Gamersgate anyway ;)

It's not a question of whether Paradox finds it uninteresting and unprofitable, it is still a brilliant product which deserves to be mentioned when other AgeOD games are spoken about. RUS is a product like no other and I must admit, in my opinion, of those that I have played (still waiting for VGN in order to make the final decision), the best one. The map and the scenario might be limited to a certain part of European history, but by golly, the whole thing, the different option, the new building and recruiting mechanisms, the fighting and the railroads add to an excitement I haven't felt in a long time in a strategy game. That is not to say that other AgeOD products are of worse quality, far from it. I still spend many happy hours and they still seem one of the few games that can draw me back and make me lose more hours of sleep than I would like to admit.

That still doesn't explain why they wouldn't mention RoP. Well, it doesn't matter. When VGN comes out, AgeOD will become a household name. Time to get your EU glory back!

Return to “Pride of Nations”