IIIxRaBaDuMxIII
Civilian

Pop's System

Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:21 am

Hi everyone, I'm new here, can someone explain how the pop's system will work? :wacko:

I hope we don't have to micromanage pop's, it's pretty boring...

Sorry my poor english.

:coeurs: By the way, I'm sure that I will love this game :coeurs:

Pocus

Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:36 pm

Welcome to the forum!

The pop system is still under guarded secret, sorry. The game is still some months away, so we can't give you details... only generalities: there will be population, with a breakdown in social classes and some others parameters, but there is no real micro-management and the population system is much easier to handle than the one of the game you have in mind. ;)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

IIIxRaBaDuMxIII
Civilian

Another Information.

Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:58 am

OK! I will be waiting for developments..
Just one more information, will the game be ready by the Christmas? :thumbsup:
Nunca sigas o caminho traçado, pois ele conduz somente até onde os outros já chegaram.

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Vgn

Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:10 pm

It will be ready when Pocus says it is ready. t :thumbsup:

Palisadoes
Private

Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:09 pm

Pocus wrote:Welcome to the forum!

The pop system is still under guarded secret, sorry. The game is still some months away, so we can't give you details... only generalities: there will be population, with a breakdown in social classes and some others parameters, but there is no real micro-management and the population system is much easier to handle than the one of the game you have in mind. ;)

Awesome! :thumbsup: I had no idea there was going to be POPs in the first place... :wacko:

Rafiki

Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:20 pm

Do note that Pocus is talking about the population system; not POPs in the way that people understand that term ;)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Franciscus

Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:45 am

[SIZE="1"]What do you mean by POP's, Rafiki ? [/size] :bonk:

Palisadoes
Private

Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:30 am

Rafiki wrote:Do note that Pocus is talking about the population system; not POPs in the way that people understand that term ;)

Oh right. Cheers for clarifying! :)
Franciscus wrote:[SIZE="1"]What do you mean by POP's, Rafiki ? [/size] :bonk:

IIRC it stands for Part Of Population, and it is an abstract concept employed in the Paradox title Victoria.

IIIxRaBaDuMxIII
Civilian

Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:49 pm

Palisadoes wrote:IIRC it stands for Part Of Population, and it is an abstract concept employed in the Paradox title Victoria.

That's true xD.. In my opinion the POP's System in the other game consumes the player precious time.

So, I would enjoy if my CPU could do that for me :wacko: ...

Sorry for my english :thumbsup:
Nunca sigas o caminho traçado, pois ele conduz somente até onde os outros já chegaram.

Pocus

Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:12 pm

All I can say, and this is obscure on purpose (haha) is that we tried to aim for the best of both worlds, i.e details but no micro-management, when dealing with population.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Palisadoes
Private

Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:04 pm

Pocus wrote:All I can say, and this is obscure on purpose (haha) is that we tried to aim for the best of both worlds, i.e details but no micro-management, when dealing with population.

Hmmm... pie charts, numbers of people, and sliders?? :p oke: All of this mystery...

Return to “Pride of Nations”