gunnergoz
Corporal
Location: Sunny Sandy Ego, CA -- also known as San Diego or "America's Finest City" to the tourist i

Military units?

Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:56 am

1. We saw in an early screenshot that land units were divisions. Is that still the case? Will there be higher HQ's as well?
2. How are warships managed? Individually or in squadrons or fleets?
3. Will there be support units such as artillery and engineers?
4. Will air power come into the game at some point?

Adlertag

Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:33 pm

Hi gunnergoz,
Here is some answers, but things may still change a bit.

You will mostly play on map with corps level units for infantry (elements inside will be regiments) grouped into an army. Each (army and corps) having a specific leader and a HQ for corps.
But you may find also independant brigade units and some divisions directly on map.
Special cases : Cavalry units will be set as independant on map with divison size counters and initially grouped in corps.
Artillery will be attached to corps as reserve formation of the army (elements inside will be regiments also).
Train support units will be also attached to corps (elements inside will often be companies).
Marine units and Garrisons will be also independant units on map.

Concerning ships, the parent formation will be squadron with sometimes an admiral and then, you'll find naval divisions (with a leader eventually) units on map, each with one to 4,5 ships elements.

Air power is scheduled and depending of some specific technologies to obtain. You'll find airships, recons, fighters and bombers units but they will be kept within an airbase container unit and not as independant on the map.
La mort est un mur, mourir est une brèche.

gunnergoz
Corporal
Location: Sunny Sandy Ego, CA -- also known as San Diego or "America's Finest City" to the tourist i

Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:17 am

Very interesting, thank you.
Sounds like something I will really enjoy playing.

Return to “Pride of Nations”