Franciscus

Desert Rats vs Afrika Korps needs rebooting

Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:25 am

Due to some strange urgings :siffle: , I bought this little game via your webshop. If someone else does it too, please know that after you install the game you need to reboot your PC. If not, for some strange reason, the game menus might be empty. This piece of information (need to reboot) is on the readme file...but costed me some precious time and aggro until I found it :fleb:

Rafiki

Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:41 am

Good to know; thanks for the heads-up :)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

squarian
Brigadier General

Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:53 pm

Franciscus - I'd be interested in your impressions of this game, if you get a chance to post anything. The description on the AGEOD webshop isn't all that detailed - so how do you like it?

Franciscus

Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:45 pm

Sorry for a late answer, squarian :hat:

This game is a kind of RTS game, with small scale engagements in linear campaigns, with some "Indiana Jones" elements thrown in. Heavily scripted, as might be expected. Graphics are OK, units are, I think, well modeled, but in all, although cheap, not really worth it, IMHO.

Regards

squarian
Brigadier General

Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:19 pm

Franciscus wrote:Sorry for a late answer, squarian :hat:

This game is a kind of RTS game, with small scale engagements in linear campaigns, with some "Indiana Jones" elements thrown in. Heavily scripted, as might be expected. Graphics are OK, units are, I think, well modeled, but in all, although cheap, not really worth it, IMHO.

Regards

Thanks, Franciscus - doesn't sound like my cup of tea, but now I know.

Ebbingford

Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:28 pm

Ignore this post, just trying to get rid of xrumer post... :cool:
"Umbrellas will not be opened in the presence of the enemy." Duke of Wellington before the Battle of Waterloo, 1815.

"Top hats will not be worn in the Eighth Army" Field-Marshal Viscount Montgomery of Alamein K.G.

Moriety
Major

Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:18 am

Franciscus wrote:Sorry for a late answer, squarian :hat:

Regards

Am I right in thinking this was the game that allowed you to capture enemy equipment and then carry them over into the next scenario?

If yes, it has some really interesting scenario's. As the 8th Army/7th Armoured Corps (The Desert Rats) generally had poorer equipment, the delight I got at actually capturing two 88mm Flak guns took some beating. For certain, 25 pounder guns were excellent, but weren't available on that scenario. It was a long time ago but I remember thinking that some of the scenario's were very well designed, and especially designed to make you think first, act after.

I would recommend it. :)
"Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time you've got" Art Buchwald, U.S. Journalist and humourist

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:44 pm

Nice. Can it be modded?
I always dream about a Leclerc pc game, from african rags (to Paris and later Hitler nest).
(Or about the Nuebe company of RMT regiment of Leclerc 2°DB.)

Moriety
Major

Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:21 am

ERISS wrote:Nice. Can it be modded?
I always dream about a Leclerc pc game, from african rags (to Paris and later Hitler nest).
(Or about the Nuebe company of RMT regiment of Leclerc 2°DB.)

No idea if it's modable. If I was right with it being the correct game, they did one or two others in WWII that captured equipment couldn't be transferred, which I thought a pity, as within this game your skill and patience was rewarded.

I'd love to see an entire WWII campaign for the Free French only.
Then again, I'd also love to see the same recognition given to the Free Polish, Czechs, Greeks, Norwegians and Serbs as well. All of them played an important part within the war, I don't feel that any of them have been given the true recognition they each deserve.
"Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time you've got" Art Buchwald, U.S. Journalist and humourist

Return to “Other games from the AGEOD store”